2023 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

jordan reid's mock:

wilson

banks

keanu benton

hendon hooker

braeden daniels

much more likely than mcshay's, imo.  addresses dline, corner, iol, and qb.  takes the bpa at #6 in wilson and then takes players at positions the lions have depth needs after this season.

37 minutes ago, buddha said:

mcshay's latest mock:

wilson

bijan

jack campbell

sam laporta

i dont think they'll go the first two rounds without taking a either a corner or a defensive tackle.

I dont like the idea of not getting a db but Bijan and Campbell are two of my personal favorites in the draft so Id be more than happy to walk away with them two. 

46 minutes ago, buddha said:

mcshay's latest mock:

wilson

bijan

jack campbell

sam laporta

i dont think they'll go the first two rounds without taking a either a corner or a defensive tackle.

I don't think Holmes cares about positional need or at least he doesn't make it the highest priority so I can easily see him pass on corner and DT early if the value isn't there.

Based on talent alone, that's a pretty good mock for the Lions.

Edited by NYLion

They had an interview with Richardson at the NFL Combine, see the Pride of Detroit tracker above...

If they are truly interested in him, they may have already made up their minds, and don't need additional meetings to telegraph their interest...

Of course, they are meeting with Will Anderson too and have met with Carter so it looks like it could still go in any direction at this point...

Kirwan and Miller on NFL Radio were talking up Henson Hooker just now. They say if not for the ACL he would be right in the mix with the other four QBs at the top of the class. They think someone will jump up in the first round to take him. (Didn’t say how high.) 

It’s very possible AZ trades out of 3. It’s somewhat possible that QBs go 1-4, and within the realm of speculation they could go 1-5. And it’s not out of the question Seattle could pick Carter. So yes bring Anderson in for a visit. 

Yeah... I don't think QB's are going 1-5.

I think there's a greater chance they go 1-3.

I don't know what the chances they might go 1-4... or 4QB's plus Carter... but it'll be wild to watch this coming draft methinks... And we'll see if Anderson falls into our laps and what Holmes wants to do with him if that should happen...

Gonna be fun for any and all draftniks...

53 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Kirwan and Miller on NFL Radio were talking up Henson Hooker just now. They say if not for the ACL he would be right in the mix with the other four QBs at the top of the class. They think someone will jump up in the first round to take him. (Didn’t say how high.) 

It’s very possible AZ trades out of 3. It’s somewhat possible that QBs go 1-4, and within the realm of speculation they could go 1-5. And it’s not out of the question Seattle could pick Carter. So yes bring Anderson in for a visit. 

This is my thought as well.   It’s not necessarily a signal they are thinking about trading up for Anderson as it’s not a long stretch that he may be there at 6.  

Teams may want to draft Hooker in the first round for that extra year. Maybe not top 5 but Hooker would be a good fit for Minnesota. Cousins is turning 35 and in the last year of his contract. He can rehab the 1st year. Holmes has not been afraid to deal with Minnesota so maybe a trade back from 18 to 23? Tampa is sitting at 19 and could use a QB. 

I wouldn't say age is irrelevant but I don't put that much stock into it at all when it comes to qbs. Theres countless examples of them excelling well into their 30s so even if their first year is 26 you still can get a ton of high quality years out of them. 

The exception of course is for guys like Fields who depend heavily on their athleticism but I don't think Hooker is necessarily like that.