Week Ten: Detroit Lions (2-6) @ Chicago Bears (3-6)

MichiganCardinal

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

Anybody watch Justin Jackson on the field...?

Thoughts on him...?

dime a dozen running back who will get the yards his oline gives him.

he is a serviceable backup nfl running back, nothing more.  not that that is a terrible thing.  he's ok.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

dime a dozen running back who will get the yards his oline gives him.

he is a serviceable backup nfl running back, nothing more.  not that that is a terrible thing.  he's ok.

That's sort of what I thought... 

And that's OK... having a backup who is a competent backup and be able to do backup things is good enough... 

... for a #4 RB. If Swift wasn't so breakable he could be a #3. JJ seems decent enough in the return game and catching the ball out of the backfield... so he has some usefulness methinks.

But with Swift's porcelain running and health... that means we need another RB that could potentially take over as the bellcow/ gamebreaker. That's not Jamaal (tough yards) or JJ (solid backup only)...

I'm thinking about the draft next year of course... 2nd to 5th round RB with speed & athleticism & (yikes! ... "Potential" !!!)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The meltdown in this thread and wanting to fire everyone has been more entertaining than the game.

It's always the high piont of a Sunday to have read the Lions' game thread up through about the end of the 1st half of any given game, then go do some chore that takes until the game over, and check back to see that the Lions actually won the game....:classic_wink:

Just now, NYLion said:

THE craziest game I've ever seen in my 35 years or so of watching football. I can't think of another that measures up.

I wonder if that makes teams reevaluate what to do in that situation. Shotgun and rolling out makes more sense on retrospect, and then stepping out and taking the safety on 4th if you don't gain yardage

The Lions did not melt down today. Good for them.

Chicago kept shooting itself in the foot with penalties and would have won the game easily without them. This includes an INT that was nullified due to penalty. Also they would have won the game easily if not for the Fields INT.

It is not often that we can say the Lions made fewer mistakes than the other team, but today that was the case. Dan Campbell deserves credit for that.