Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

13 minutes ago, djhutch said:

Couple that with how TE production went up after he left, & I would not be surprised if DC, having been a TE himself, knew there was something amiss.

True, and the coaches on the team who drew them up would know more about whether a receiver is running his routes precisely.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, buddha said:

last year the list would be flawed because stafford is so low.

There’s no comparison between Burrow and Stafford.   Despite not having as strong of an arm, Joe does almost everything better than Stafford did at a similar age.    He doesn’t need to use terrible ownership and a bad franchise as a crutch.  He goes out and makes everything around him better and wins.   He’s the new Joe Montana.  

As I said before I don't know the salary cap situation nor how he is in the locker room(Goff played with him so I'm sure he can have input there) but as an actual player he'd be my number 1 target this offseason. If it took our first or a future first Id be all for it if it doesnt cripple us salary cap wise going forward. 

17 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

As I said before I don't know the salary cap situation nor how he is in the locker room(Goff played with him so I'm sure he can have input there) but as an actual player he'd be my number 1 target this offseason. If it took our first or a future first Id be all for it if it doesnt cripple us salary cap wise going forward. 

no way im giving up that much for jalen ramsey.  i dont think you'll need to, not with that big salary coming your way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buddha said:

no way im giving up that much for jalen ramsey.  i dont think you'll need to, not with that big salary coming your way.

Yeah I can't comment on his salary or how that effects his value but I think in a vacuum as a player he is easily worth a 1st rounder. He's arguably the very best at a high valued position and is still relatively young having just turned 28 2 months ago. Should have atleast 3 elite seasons left in him and probably another 2 or 3 after that of good ones. 

Jalen Ramsey didn't exactly have a ringing endorsement of Goff before the Rams traded for him

"Jared Goff, he's average to above average. He reminds me of Jimmy Garoppolo a little bit. Year one, he wasn't good. He wasn't even good enough to earn his own starting role. Like, if you the number one pick, you expected to start now. Period. He wasn't ready to do that. He wasn't able to do that. Then when he did get in, he didn't really do that good. But in his second year, they got a new offensive coordinator. Your offensive coordinator is just your brainiac. When we played them, it felt like his offensive coordinator was drawing up perfect plays and then he was hitting the open man. For what his team ask him to do, yeah, he's good."

He also said Josh Allen was trash and was meh about Stafford.

"Matthew Stafford, I think he's straight. I don't think he the best quarterback out there. But he do what he gotta do."

Jalen Ramsey Has Something to Say (About Literally Everyone) | GQ

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Jalen Ramsey didn't exactly have a ringing endorsement of Goff before the Rams traded for him

"Jared Goff, he's average to above average. He reminds me of Jimmy Garoppolo a little bit. Year one, he wasn't good. He wasn't even good enough to earn his own starting role. Like, if you the number one pick, you expected to start now. Period. He wasn't ready to do that. He wasn't able to do that. Then when he did get in, he didn't really do that good. But in his second year, they got a new offensive coordinator. Your offensive coordinator is just your brainiac. When we played them, it felt like his offensive coordinator was drawing up perfect plays and then he was hitting the open man. For what his team ask him to do, yeah, he's good."

He also said Josh Allen was trash and was meh about Stafford.

"Matthew Stafford, I think he's straight. I don't think he the best quarterback out there. But he do what he gotta do."

Jalen Ramsey Has Something to Say (About Literally Everyone) | GQ

I don't pretend to know what Jalen Ramsey is like, but I'd think long & hard about the impact he would have on the locker room before I pulled the trigger. 

Just now, djhutch said:

I don't pretend to know what Jalen Ramsey is like, but I'd think long & hard about the impact he would have on the locker room before I pulled the trigger. 

I don't think it's necessarily a problem if a cornerback disrespects quarterbacks. It's their goal in life to make them look bad!

7 minutes ago, djhutch said:

Holmes was there when they acquired Ramsey and Ramsey said those comments while he was still in Jacksonville so I'll defer to Holmes and Campbell on if he is a kneecapper. Ramsey does like to talk though. 

• Like 1