2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

Tender deadline moved up 2 days to avoid lockout, so will get a little more clarity on the roster then; assuming one of Garneau/Greiner will not be tendered, maybe both will not; Boyd is only big decision.

Turnbull, Candy, Fulmer, Cisnero - yes

HCastro, Jimenez, Reyes - sure why not

Hutchinson, Niko, Krol - already gone

10 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Tender deadline moved up 2 days to avoid lockout, so will get a little more clarity on the roster then; assuming one of Garneau/Greiner will not be tendered, maybe both will not; Boyd is only big decision.

Turnbull, Candy, Fulmer, Cisnero - yes

HCastro, Jimenez, Reyes - sure why not

Hutchinson, Niko, Krol - already gone

I don't know if I can take another year of roller coaster riding with Jimenez. But here is an interesting thing I hadn't noticed: 

Joe's OPS at home against 104 batters was 518, on the road against 106 batters it was 1011! Not in the least because he walked 25 on the road but only 10 at home. Maybe they should just leave him at home when they go on road trips.

7 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I have always disliked the Orioles because they were unbeatable in the early 70s when I was first really getting into the game.  Palmer-McNally-Cuellar

i always disliked them because of 1983 and that people drooled over ripken and ignored trammell.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't know if I can take another year of roller coaster riding with Jimenez. But here is an interesting thing I hadn't noticed: 

Joe's OPS at home against 104 batters was 518, on the road against 106 batters it was 1011! Not in the least because he walked 25 on the road but only 10 at home. Maybe they should just leave him at home when they go on road trips.

I'd pass on Jimenez.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

White Sox signed Kendall Graveman giving them another weapon out of their bullpen and are reportedly in the mix for Robbie Ray and Marcus Semien to play 2nd base. They may potentially widen the gap between us this offseason instead of us closing it like we hoped. 

Signing Semien would certainly make up for trading Madrigal.  

11 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I have always disliked the Orioles because they were unbeatable in the early 70s when I was first really getting into the game.  Palmer-McNally-Cuellar

Earl Weaver preached pitching, defense and three-run HR's as the keys to winning.  It seemed like everyone but Mark Belanger was a threat to go yard on those teams

8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

White Sox signed Kendall Graveman giving them another weapon out of their bullpen and are reportedly in the mix for Robbie Ray and Marcus Semien to play 2nd base. They may potentially widen the gap between us this offseason instead of us closing it like we hoped. 

Good gravy!  The White Sox are becoming the new Monsters of the Midway.  What a rocketship of a roster that would be.