2023 MLB Playoffs

Toddwert

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

I always want to see series go the max number of games, with the tying run coming to the plate in the ninth inning of the final game.

Me too but part of me thinks it would be cool if Texas wins the WS by winning every game on the road in the playoffs.  

4 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I just want the DBacks to get a couple of runners on with 2 outs in the 9th, Rangers up 1-0, and then see what happens, either way. Rangers will either exorcise demons or else...

With that error, the Diamondbacks are virtually guaranteed to score at least one in the bottom of the 9th. That's just baseball.

My former spouse sat next to Will Venable’s mother on a several hour flight to DC a few months ago so at least she’s happy the Rangers won. And the better team did win and it was an AL team although I don’t really give a crap about that anymore. With all the interleague games, the two leagues seem pretty much identical to me. I used to feel a sense of participation and identification, when the AL won the All-Star game or the World Series but no more. Maybe I just grew up. Finally.

I hope we’re the better team that wins the World Series next year. After all, all sorts of teams have risen from the ashes lately and I’m still hopelessly addicted to this club so it could happen. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I think you have to use the app for that.

Hold up.  I realize I'm old.  And I don't go to fast fooderies.  But I can't just roll up to Taco Bell and say, "I like baseball, I would like my complimentary taco, please"?  And they can look at me and make general assumptions that, middle aged guy, probably a baseball fan, just get him a taco so we can get back to watching tik tok videos on the clock?  What kind of promotion is this?

• Haha 1

Payroll conversation aside, I firmly believe the Rangers won this series because Bruce Bochy was in the dugout this year. 

Bochy wins the WS the same year the Giants fire his replacement. I’m sure this will be the conversation in the Bay Area this morning.