Trade Deadline

number20

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I can't agree with this. A lack of QB talent in our division means we should be division favorites the next few seasons. And it wouldn't take much to get us all the way to a 2nd seed. A #1 seed is always improbable, you need to be the absolute best in the conference. That would take some injury luck, something we never seem to get.

I don't agree with it either. I was just making the point

I don't think Lions management expected us to be this good this fast. I really think they were building for next season and beyond. Trading a pick or 2 isn't the end of the world but trading a lot of picks or taking on a huge contract shouldn't be done. Sign some free agents after this season for reasonable contracts, draft more talent for depth and take care of the better players already here.

1 hour ago, number20 said:

The Lions will likely be drafting at the low end of round one next year. Not sure how much their first round pick would even be worth. If Holmes doesn't trade it away, premier defensive talent will be slim pickings if they draft in the late 20s

They would get the 20ish best college player. Quality depth. And the way Holmes finds talent, I would definitely hang onto as many picks as possible. Didn't Chicago trade away their future for a DL a few years ago? How did that work out for them?

The more I think about it, the more I feel they are going to make a move in the secondary and not the defensive front 4 if a trade happens. I think given all the injuries to guys like Ceedy Duce (formally CJ Gardner Johnson), Emmanuel Moseley, and Jerry Jacobs, it is more probably I feel that they trade for someone in the secondary like an Adoree Jackson or Budda Baker type of player.

43 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

A lot, even if Wash was willing to sell. I've read the starting line is at least a second round pick.

He's spent too much time being injured imo 

I would do it if they would take Minnesota's 3rd rounder (our pick in 2024) and one of our non-Hutch edges back from us...