LOCKOUT '22: When will we see baseball again?

When will the regular season start?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. When will the regular season start?

• On Time (late March)
    • During April
    • During May
    • During June
    • During July
    • No season in 2022. Go Mud Hens !
    • Fire Ausmus

55 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

2020:  Tigers to retire Lou Whitaker's jersey.     STOP,  no fans,  no retirement

2021:  Limited fan attendance, we'll do it next year

2022:  Well, we were going to do it again, but once the lockout went into June, we backed off,  maybe next year.  

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the story. Well you know what they say about great minds thinking alike; it’s similar to the saying about big hands and big feet inferring big shoes. 

I’d guess there is a realistic chance he officially announces a delayed start in one fashion or another. Spring training won’t start on time as it is. 
It’s hard to believe that after all the chaos and confusion experienced around the 2020 season that the owners and players haven’t made any more effort before now than they have to prevent an interruption to this season. 

5 hours ago, 1776 said:

I’d guess there is a realistic chance he officially announces a delayed start in one fashion or another. Spring training won’t start on time as it is. 
It’s hard to believe that after all the chaos and confusion experienced around the 2020 season that the owners and players haven’t made any more effort before now than they have to prevent an interruption to this season. 

I would bet it’s to announce a delay to the start of spring training and then an attempt to push the blame onto the players.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, casimir said:

I would bet it’s to announce a delay to the start of spring training and then an attempt to push the blame onto the players.

Sure, the thinking would be that it ups the pressure on the players. Things is I don't know if either side is particularly sensitive to what the public thinks, so it probably won't make any difference in terms of good strategy.

Today I was dropping off a research collection kit to someone and it was 45 degrees and the sun was out. 

My thoughts turned to that feeling you get when you hear a spring training game on the radio for the first time after the long, dark, depressing winter and then I thought about opening day and I became sad, because I don't think it's happening in April this year. 

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Sure, the thinking would be that it ups the pressure on the players. Things is I don't know if either side is particularly sensitive to what the public thinks, so it probably won't make any difference in terms of good strategy.

Agree with you on all counts.