LOCKOUT '22: When will we see baseball again?

When will the regular season start?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. When will the regular season start?

• On Time (late March)
    • During April
    • During May
    • During June
    • During July
    • No season in 2022. Go Mud Hens !
    • Fire Ausmus

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That's what scares me about Chris Illitch.    

I'm getting a little concerned that Ilitch is going to stand pat, or pick up no more than a Nova-level warm body at minimum wage. All the good guys are flying off the board.

The previous record for money spent on free-agent contracts in one offseason was around $2.4 billion in 2016. This year, 130 players have signed major league contracts for $3.265 billion. That's a 36% increase.

poor players.  i dont know how they get by.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

The previous record for money spent on free-agent contracts in one offseason was around $2.4 billion in 2016. This year, 130 players have signed major league contracts for $3.265 billion. That's a 36% increase.

poor players.  i dont know how they get by.

I wonder what that looks like as a per contract season average.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I think this is less about favoring the Yankees and more about protecting the game from any whiff of scandal whenever possible. Scandal is bad for business.

A friend of mine just got a job inspecting the field before the game for hidden cameras and watching games to see any evidence of sign stealing.  Sounds like a great job.  Watching baseball for a living!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

A friend of mine just got a job inspecting the field before the game for hidden cameras and watching games to see any evidence of sign stealing.  Sounds like a great job.  Watching baseball for a living!

Who is their employer?

Just now, Tiger337 said:

So, the ghost runner is back this year and it is apparently starting in the 10th inning.  No extra inning games for me.  Two things I will never stop complaining about:

(1) Expanded playoffs

(2) ghost runners.  

The thing that pisses me off about the zombie runner thing is that they talked about delaying it to the 11th or 12th inning, and yet they still applied it to the 10th! Arrrrghhh!

I’ll bet the players pushed for the 10th. 

18 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The thing that pisses me off about the zombie runner thing is that they talked about delaying it to the 11th or 12th inning, and yet they still applied it to the 10th! Arrrrghhh!

I’ll bet the players pushed for the 10th. 

Hope it’s just this season in response to a shortened spring training and concern for the pitcher’s fragile wings.

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I'll be OK with the ghost runner if they make a rule that says he has to weigh at least 340.

They should randomly pick people from the stands to be the ghost runner and then dress them in the mascot costume of the team that they are running for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1