Lions 2022 Offseason Thread

TP_Fan

A little off topic but it has to do with an athlete changing sports in his 30s, anyway I maintain that Michael Jordan picking up a bat in his 30s for the first time in 15 years and going straight to double A and hitting .202/.290/.266 is one of the more underappreciated sports accomplishments ever.  If Golden Tate can match those numbers in single A I will be impressed. 

• 3 weeks later...

I will admit that when the Lions did not come out as having any interest in DeShaun Watson I was a little put off. Seemed like an opportunity to get a franchise QB in his prime.

With the benefit of hindsight though, I do not envy the Browns at all. They may have over $60 million tied up in QBs this year, while starting Jacoby friggin Brissett for 17 games. It's not unrealistic to envision the Browns finishing in the bottom third of the league.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t like WC or his site for personal and political reasons, but I do think he has a relatively sharp football mind.

I think a lot of what he wrote has truth to it, though I’m not as optimistic about the result, as I see it more as an absolute ceiling than an expectation that I would predict.

I would probably drop a star from both RB and receivers, but otherwise concur with his positional breakdown. A lot hinges on what Jared Goff we get.

15 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don’t like WC or his site for personal and political reasons, but I do think he has a relatively sharp football mind.

I think a lot of what he wrote has truth to it, though I’m not as optimistic about the result, as I see it more as an absolute ceiling than an expectation that I would predict.

I would probably drop a star from both RB and receivers, but otherwise concur with his positional breakdown. A lot hinges on what Jared Goff we get.

I, for one, love sites that look like they were optimized for Netscape Navigator, with pop up ads that pop up on pop up ads. 

I agree that the offense will surprise people, but probably not until week 7 or 8 when Jaymo gets healthy. But they also have a pretty favorable schedule. 

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN with help from PFF put out their top 15 sophomores most likely to break out and Alim McNeil was number 10 on the list.  A big reason why they say that is because according to their metrics he had his 2 best games to close the season and seemingly got better as the season went on. If him breaking out does hold true, Okwara comes back healthy and Aidan can make an immediate impact that D-Line could be real good. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

16 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

This town will riot if we ever make a a Super Bowl.

since the cubs won weve had a reality tv star become president, a world wide pandemic shut down the globe, and a war with russia.

think of the destruction if the DETROIT LIONS won a super bowl?  im not sure the universe is ready for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Just heard on the radio that Caesars has said their most popular bet thus far in July for the NFL is the Lions over 6 wins so it seems that not just Lions fans are drinking the Kool Aid. Also they said that Campbell is currently getting the most action for COY. 

I’ve got them at 7 or 8 wins which with a few unfortunate injuries can easily become a bet losing 6 wins.      

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Just heard on the radio that Caesars has said their most popular bet thus far in July for the NFL is the Lions over 6 wins so it seems that not just Lions fans are drinking the Kool Aid. Also they said that Campbell is currently getting the most action for COY. 

my favorite bet so far is bears UNDER 6.5 wins.

and i have the lions to finish second in the division at +800.  kool aid for me!

1 hour ago, buddha said:

since the cubs won weve had a reality tv star become president, a world wide pandemic shut down the globe, and a war with russia.

think of the destruction if the DETROIT LIONS won a super bowl?  im not sure the universe is ready for that.

Up until 2016, the Cubs were a worse franchise than the Lions so I would say this would be a new normal.