Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

So someone is telling Trump not to do rallies because he looks senile when he does, and Trump is agreeing to that? Trump is letting someone else call the shots for him?

I don't know, that doesn't sound right to me.

I don't know why it not believable that the rallies are costing too much or alternatively, are no longer profitable; from what I've read he's not drawing crowds like he used to and if those still coming out are the hard core, they've already bought all the promotional schlock before they got to the rally.

Edited by gehringer_2

44 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Re: the whole Trump selling bibles thing..

The funniest comment I’ve heard is from Joy Behar, who said “the last time Trump was on his knees it was to pick up a French fry”.

😂  that’s gold. 

Liz Cheney's tweet referencing the Bible verse on adultery was pretty good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

pretty bad :classic_laugh: though the edit on cost is probably incorrect. The issue of total money (i.e. cost to the government) and cost borne by individuals are two separate questions so if that is where Trump was going, which I would find credible, the syntax is not redundant, only badly executed.

Thanks for weighing in, Professor Buzzkill.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

pretty bad :classic_laugh: though the edit on cost is probably incorrect. The issue of total money (i.e. cost to the government) and cost borne by individuals are two separate questions so if that is where Trump was going, which I would find credible, the syntax is not redundant, only badly executed.

Re: Decimated.  Old schools definition obviously but i try to correct myself when i use it.  Did Biden kill 1/10th of Americans?

You could make a case that Trump tried to.  

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

I don't know why it not believable that the rallies are cost too much or alternatively, are no longer profitable; from what I've read he's not drawing crowds like he used to and if those still coming out are the hard core, they've already bought all the promotional schlock before they got to the rally.

That's not the part I found not believable.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That's not the part I found not believable.

Yeah  - I got that, but I was thinking about the tweet's original premise. Should have replied on the earlier post to make that clear but I was lazy....😉

Edited by gehringer_2

6 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I was going to post something along these lines today, but I wanted to find some parallels between him and what the Bible says the Antichrist was, and I ran out of gas quickly on it, so I bailed. Glad someone bigger than me got there first.

Now that I think of it, the 2 Corinthians post was pretty close to that.

16 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I was going to post something along these lines today, but I wanted to find some parallels between him and what the Bible says the Antichrist was, and I ran out of gas quickly on it, so I bailed. Glad someone bigger than me got there first.

Now that I think of it, the 2 Corinthians post was pretty close to that.

Seriously though..the blindness of that community is shocking.  

Joe Lieberman, a former longtime Connecticut senator and moderate Democrat who became the first Jewish American nominated to a major party’s presidential ticket as Al Gore’s running mate in 2000, has died. He was 82.

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Liz Cheney's tweet referencing the Bible verse on adultery was pretty good.

I keep going back to Jesus chasing the money changers from the temple...same principle. I never trust anyone who tries to make big bucks out of religion

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Morans! If it hadn't hit the bridge at the point to collapse it, it wouldn't have hit it at all. The only parts of the bridge in the water where the ship is are the points that hold it up. D'OH!

I have to imagine there is a study out there on it, but I really do wonder if we have a greater percentage of conspiracy theorists, or unlike 20 years ago where all they had was Coast to Coast AM to air their beliefs, they have social media which makes it seem a larger group than it really is.

While the nutso reaction to this bridge accident is crazy, I unfortunately even saw a source I'd consider legitimate have some labor psychologist they quoted that said fatigue could have been a factor due to the time.  Not as crazy as 'they did it on purpose', but arguably just as reckless if she really was some 'expert' in the field as there is no way she knew any details that could have made her question that.