4/30 10:10 Tigers @ Dodgers

Tigeraholic1

32 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Kirk Gibson Bobblehead Night at Dodger Stadium...

EDIT: Also being inducted into the "Legends of Dodger Baseball", joining Steve Garvey, Maury Wills, Fernando Valenzuela, and Don Newcombe. Good for him.

https://dodgers.mlblogs.com/kirk-gibson-named-to-legends-of-dodger-baseball-50c2e71c14bb

I imagine it will be him doing legendary fist pump. 

The Tigers aren’t showing any urgency thus far in the 2022 season. All Tiger fans should be disgusted. A.J. Hinch and Al Avila have become  too comfortable  in their jobs. Avila and Hinch should both be fired if Detroit drops this series to Los Angeles. Name Ramon Santiago interim field manager.

• Confused 2

What exactly does firing AJ Hinch accomplish?

I get that fans want blood, but it's not like AJ or Coolbaugh or whoever can go take Candy or Schoop's ABs or field second for them. And it's not AJ's fault that there aren't exactly a ton of alternatives to them at the moment, given that roster sizes are limited, as are the options in Toledo. And it's not AJ's fault that Ryan Kreidler broke his hand earlier this week.

The situation sucks, but firing AJ over this wouldn't accomplish anything at all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Dodger Stadium - Los Angeles, CA

TV: Ballysports Detroit Radio: WXYT

Forecast

RHP Beau Brieske vs LHP Clayton Kershaw

jackie-robinson-75th-anniversary-logo-2022-jackie-robinson-day-75-sportslogosnet-feat-sq.png

Give Jackie Robinson his due but a Willie Mays anniversary lands on this day . 
On this day, April 30, 1961, in game number 16, Mays hit four home runs against Milwaukee at Milwaukee’s County Stadium. He became the ninth player in big league history to hit four home runs in one game while driving in eight runs in the process.

Hinch  is a real good manager and we are lucky to have him. He is not the problem and hopefully will find the solution soon.  But heck yes it’s fricken   frustrating. Tomorrow I will travel two hours to Chavez Ravine and do my part !! I will be loud and hope we win and then hope not to assaulted going home. So I am risking bodily injury so DO SOMETHING Hinch !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

What exactly does firing AJ Hinch accomplish?

I get that fans want blood, but it's not like AJ or Coolbaugh or whoever can go take Candy or Schoop's ABs or field second for them. And it's not AJ's fault that there aren't exactly a ton of alternatives to them at the moment, given that roster sizes are limited, as are the options in Toledo. And it's not AJ's fault that Ryan Kreidler broke his hand earlier this week.

The situation sucks, but firing AJ over this wouldn't accomplish anything at all.

Yeah, feeding trolls just encourages them.

I don't think that the manager is important enough to fire in this situation.  The 3 catchers on the big league roster is his fault, and people were complaining last week that he was mishandling Soto.  But there isn't any evidence that he is worse than the alternatives at this point.