2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

This is a thing

Nikki Haley is STILL getting more than 20% in the primaries.  That's not a good look for the guy who led the coup to overthrow democracy being the people's champion.  Even if a lot of neck beards are upset about transgender astronauts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Unfortunately the only way to get to bullies like Trump or his minions is to stoop to their level. Otherwise you get labeled as soft. 

Personally instead of a debate I would prefer a duel. Are they still legal in NJ?

A 30K bike race would suffice.

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

YES! NO AUDIENCE! I've been pushing for THAT for YEARS!

I am shocked that Trump would agree to that—assuming he did so before CNN put out this press release. Because a gaggle of braying morons cheering him on is his rocket fuel. Without that kind of raucous audience approval, Trump is going to sound merely unhinged and horrifying.

I hope this actually comes off because I can't wait to see something like this!

I'm waiting to hear the mic buttons will be on automated timers. 

• Like 2

I’m waiting for moderators/panel to rebut immediately when an outright lie is broadcast as a truth. 
Or at least follow up questions that indicate they were at least paying attention.

Is that really too much to ask?

Posted (edited)

They need to debate from different locations (so Trump doesn’t speak over), and the mics need to cut off completely when the time is up. Otherwise, it’s unwatchable. And yep we need the fact checking too. 

Edited by Tigerbomb13

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

I’m waiting for moderators/panel to rebut immediately when an outright lie is broadcast as a truth. 
Or at least follow up questions that indicate they were at least paying attention.

Is that really too much to ask?

Shock collars.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

This is a thing

Nikki Haley is STILL getting more than 20% in the primaries.  That's not a good look for the guy who led the coup to overthrow democracy being the people's champion.  Even if a lot of neck beards are upset about transgender astronauts. 

I don't get how this reality matches up with the hypothetical polls. Trump is losing support among primary, base Republican voters, but is performing far better with the average, general election voter. 

32 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Maybe the NYT can have Maggie Haberman come on to moderate?

Given her experience and skill at amplifying Trumps narratives she will be helpful when his mic gets cut

12 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

I realize the gentleman from Illinois is persona non grata in the Republican Party, I still like his argument.

The Russian Orthodox Church is an arm of the Russian state and the clerics of the ROC are an arm of the Russian intelligence services. 

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/ukraine/putins-useful-priests-russia-church-influence-campaign

Probably won't see the above on RT or any of the "Patriot" RW media in this country because it doesn't feed the dumb narrative of the guileless smoothbrained neckbeards who love them some autocracy and christian nationalism.