2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

59 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

IIRC, he refused to say that he would vote for Trump, but said he would support the 2024 nominee, whoever it is.  When pressed that it means he could support Trump, he said Trump will not be the nominee.  Bull**** response still.  He's trying to play the Never Trump line without alienating that group.  

Asa and Larry Hogan are about the only republicans that I could possibly vote for if the opponent is Biden/Harris.  My never Trumpness is still high though, so not sure I see a path for them with me at least.

Sununu has been very critical of Trump on many occasions including calling him "****ing crazy".  If the interview went down as you said, it sounds like a political was of saying he doesn't want Trump to be president.  

Edited by Tiger337

23 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Another piece of evidence that the idea of DeSantis was always more powerful than actual candidate DeSantis.

The idea of him makes me sick.  he's a homophobic, xenophobic racist piece of ****.   he's every bit as ugly as Trump, but he's not a lunatic, just a bad person.      And I thought George W. Bush was bad.

The media wants to hype up DeSantis but apparently similar numbers for RFK Jr. who is getting no traction in the press. This despite rising poll numbers.

Things have gotten so bad for DeSantis that a recent Fox News poll shows him at 21% – comparable with the 19% that Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/30/politics/ron-desantis-president-polling-robert-kennedy-jr/index.html

On 4/28/2023 at 5:59 PM, Tiger337 said:

Sununu has been very critical of Trump on many occasions including calling him "****ing crazy".  If the interview went down as you said, it sounds like a political was of saying he doesn't want Trump to be president.  

Which is funny because he wants to be a candidate, which helps Trump. The more primary opponents there are they more they split the anti-trump vote.

7 minutes ago, oblong said:

Damn that sucks.... it's like finding out a celebrity I like is a scientologist.  It really skews my viewing.  

Also, Cheryl Hines used to be so, so kissably cute, which Melania, IMHO, never was.

After promising he was not going to Budge on getting a clean debt ceiling increase.

President Joe Biden on Monday finally requested that House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) negotiate the debt limit during a meeting to be held on May 9 to avoid default, a move that contradicted the White House’s previous official position.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/01/white-house-caves-joe-biden-asks-kevin-mccarthy-negotiate-debt-limit/

6 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

After promising he was not going to Budge on getting a clean debt ceiling increase.

President Joe Biden on Monday finally requested that House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) negotiate the debt limit during a meeting to be held on May 9 to avoid default, a move that contradicted the White House’s previous official position.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/01/white-house-caves-joe-biden-asks-kevin-mccarthy-negotiate-debt-limit/

Lol he's never had the position breitshart attributes to him.   In fact he's already negotiated with McSharthy once. 

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

Lol he's never had the position breitshart attributes to him.   In fact he's already negotiated with McSharthy once. 

OH REALLY??

Administration officials on Monday insisted that Biden has no plans to drop his demand for a clean debt ceiling increase, even after Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen’s warning that Congress may only have until June 1 to avert a disastrous default.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/01/biden-ready-to-restart-debt-talks-but-wont-budge-on-conditions-00094780

1 minute ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

OH REALLY??

Administration officials on Monday insisted that Biden has no plans to drop his demand for a clean debt ceiling increase, even after Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen’s warning that Congress may only have until June 1 to avert a disastrous default.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/01/biden-ready-to-restart-debt-talks-but-wont-budge-on-conditions-00094780

Only you don't see how you are now contradicting your prior post.