2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

28 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

I don’t think there’s a single person here that think the election is over. Where do you get this from? Trumpers may be idiots, but there are a lot of them and they vote. 

And some of them tried to overturn the results of the election after he directly instigated a coup through his direct action.  So, that’s fun for all those suckers. 

35 minutes ago, romad1 said:

And some of them tried to overturn the results of the election after he directly instigated a coup through his direct action.  So, that’s fun for all those suckers. 

Yep. The attempted coup of the last election could be a dry run for the next one. They might know more what they are doing in the next election, and what they can get away with. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

So, has anyone figured out which former poster PigSnuggler is?   

Stanpapi posted original material, not just clippings.  And I'm not sure he would be so slavishly devoted to Putin.  Maroth4MVP was just vile, and probably too stupid to post links.  Were you thinking of someone farther back?

35 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Stanpapi posted original material, not just clippings.  And I'm not sure he would be so slavishly devoted to Putin.  Maroth4MVP was just vile, and probably too stupid to post links.  Were you thinking of someone farther back?

No, I didn't think it was one of them and I don't have an idea of know who it is.  It just seems odd that someone would troll a small pollitical forum on a sports site so aggressively if there wasn't something personal going on.  There was a retired guy from Florida (ex school principal?) who used to constantly post crazy conspiracy theory links about Obama at the beginning of his presidency, but I doubt it's him.    

Edited by Tiger337

24 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

Auburndale Ray? yeah, writing style seems wrong for that, so I agree it's probably not him.

yeah, that was his name.  I remember reading his posts in the Tigers forum and he was just a normal poster.  Then I saw him in the political forum and it was like night and day.  

6 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

yeah, that was his name.  I remember reading his posts in the Tigers forum and he was just a normal poster.  Then I saw him in the political forum and it was like night and day.  

Wasn't A-Ray down in a FLA retirement community or something? Maybe father time got him.

I do remember he occasionaly let his rightwingedness slip, but not often. Was Mr Krabs his avatar?

image.png.b7fbd4859f8a6a14e2cdadedaf4dddce.png

Edited by gehringer_2

5 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Wasn't A-Ray down in a FLA retirement community or something? Maybe father time got him.

I do remember he occasionaly let his rightwingedness slip, but not often. Was Mr Krabs his avatar?

image.png.b7fbd4859f8a6a14e2cdadedaf4dddce.png

Yes.  And his stuff was generally mild.   I try to give some people the benefit of the doubt on here in terms of their situation.  He could have been 75 years old and a widow and this gave him an outlet.  

We had an uncle that lived in CA.  I only met him a few times. It was my wife's uncle, her dad's oldest sister's husband. He never came around much and since they lived out there that was even less opportunity to do so.  But still, when she would come back he never would.  He did come to a reunion and we bonded immediately.  He reminded me of my dad.  We went out there one year and we spent a lot of time together.  His daughter's teased me, calling me their brother.   He was a retired truck driver who moved out there in 1955 and would point out "this is the working man's neighborhood".  (Average house price now is close to $1M) and he volunteered at an exotic animal rescue and was learning to use "the computer"   He spammed me nearly every day to an old email account I used.  When he passed away a few days later I went into that account and saw all of them, including one about a week before he died wishing me a happy birthday.  That hurt a little.  It was just a dormant account I only used for ticket sales.  But he was on facebook so we kept in touch that way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ben9753 said:

I don’t think there’s a single person here that think the election is over. Where do you get this from? Trumpers may be idiots, but there are a lot of them and they vote. 

Gotta say, love being told by a guy that marinates in Russian propaganda apparently on a daily basis that I, guy who lives in a 50/50 neighborhood in a 50/50 county in a state that Donald Trump won and works in a pretty conservative workplace/industry, engages in "groupthink"... 

PigSnuggler probably needs to look in the mirror a little bit.

Edited by mtutiger

17 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Gotta say, love being told by a guy that marinates in Russian propaganda apparently on a daily basis that I, guy who lives in a 50/50 neighborhood in a 50/50 county in a state that Donald Trump won and works in a pretty conservative workplace/industry, engages in "groupthink"... 

PigSnuggler probably needs to look in the mirror a little bit.

Talking to the troll about the nuances of policy is like talking to a phone sex worker about how the phone company billing process works.  He don't care. He's just pushing his agenda.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I wasn’t buying that ABC Trump +7 any more than I am buying AnonymousPolls Biden +9 in PA. Especially the latter: given that they self-identify as “conservative”, it’s at least as likely they’re gaming the questions and results to spur red voters to action as they are to objectively reflect the views of the people.

On 5/11/2023 at 7:07 AM, chasfh said:

Yeah, I wasn’t buying that ABC Trump +7 any more than I am buying AnonymousPolls Biden +9 in PA. Especially the latter: given that they self-identify as “conservative”, it’s at least as likely they’re gaming the questions and results to spur red voters to action as they are to objectively reflect the views of the people.

It's less about the margin, particularly at this point, and more about the pattern of how national polling and state polling are telling two different stories. Which mirrors the last Midterms.