2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

48 minutes ago, pfife said:

Lol elon totally defecated the bed on Rob Desantises announcement 🤣 

As I've said before, I never paid attention to Musk before he bought Twitter.  All I heard about was how he was a genius.  I am not seeing it!  

Oh, So That's Who Americans Will Blame for a Debt Default

This week, amid contradictory and increasingly desperate White House press briefings, more bad news for Biden emerged in the form of a new poll showing more Americans would blame Biden for a default than they would McCarthy or congressional Republicans. 

57 percent of Americans say the debt limit should only be increased if spending cuts are included. Just 27 percent said the debt ceiling should be lifted without additional requirements and 13 percent said the debt limit should not be increased and the U.S. should default on its debt. 

more Americans would blame President Biden than Republicans in Congress by a margin of 47 percent to 44 percent. Eight percent of Americans said they would blame both if a default takes place. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/05/25/more-americans-will-blame-biden-for-a-default-poll-n2623702

On 5/18/2023 at 7:20 PM, Edman85 said:

The smaller race, property appraiser, included a MAGA former state rep vs. a black city councilwoman. That seat has been Republican for as long as I can remember. The MAGA rep's street signs include a photoshopped picture of him with DeSantis. 

I just remember I saw this sign on my bike ride last week.

• Like 1

GQP is so stupid; they constantly lower expectations for Biden, who then exceeds them easily. Biden is the centrist that everyone claims they want. Biden is the competent politician that everyone claims they want.

BTW, the GQP's attempt to cut food stamps, will lead to more people getting food stamps.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

GQP is so stupid; they constantly lower expectations for Biden, who then exceeds them easily. Biden is the centrist that everyone claims they want. Biden is the competent politician that everyone claims they want.

BTW, the GQP's attempt to cut food stamps, will lead to more people getting food stamps.

this kind of jujitsu is like taking candy from a baby with the GOP House because the Freedom Caucus is full of people who clearly never did their homework in school, and still don't today. Besides, reading stuff is 'woke'.

9 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

DeSantis is terrible.  I don't see how he has a chance.  His whole campaign is a poor imitation of his main opponent.   

on paper it's a good bet... he looks good, governor of an important state, has the military background... but once he starts talking?  Forget it.   And Trump and his fans hate him.  He won't pull moderates.  He won't pull Trump supporters.  His **** may work in Florida but people everywhere else won't fall for it.  I can't imagine people in Iowa or New Hampshire or Wisconsin care about fights with Disney.

37 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

DeSatin(us)has no empathy whatsoever...he's a robot, the perfect AI candidate for the party that used to respect veterans..

Wow, he wouldn't stop for a WW2 vet.

One of my kids started a new job recently at a hearing aid clinic.  In his first 2 weeks he met 29 people who are over 90 years old!  Including a WW2 vet which is always a big deal.