Random Randomness.

I'm not bashing anyone's coffee orders.  If you like cream or sugar or foam or however you like it, hey, God bless.  But I completely dumbfounded a Dunkin' Donuts (I guess they are just Dunkin' now?) today by asking for a small black coffee.  I said a small regular coffee, and I guess regular means some amount of cream and sugar?  I'm not sure.  Admittedly I don't get out much these days.

Today,  On July 11th, I give my total respect to those who work at 7-11 on Free Slurpee Day.    Americans a great at acting like nutballs when anything is free.   I can only imagine what it's like when a Slurpee machine breaks down or needs to be refilled.   I am sure the nutballs scream and curse and tell them they won't have their jobs if the little piggies can't get their free Slurpees RIGHT NOW.    I've seen full-on brawls break out over the lead singer of Sugar Ray throwing a glow stick into the crowd.  Injuries and arrests -- over a glow stick.   

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Today,  On July 11th, I give my total respect to those who work at 7-11 on Free Slurpee Day.    Americans a great at acting like nutballs when anything is free.   I can only imagine what it's like when a Slurpee machine breaks down or needs to be refilled.   I am sure the nutballs scream and curse and tell them they won't have their jobs if the little piggies can't get their free Slurpees RIGHT NOW.    I've seen full-on brawls break out over the lead singer of Sugar Ray throwing a glow stick into the crowd.  Injuries and arrests -- over a glow stick.   

The real question is how was the Mark McGrath concert?

On 7/4/2023 at 9:07 PM, casimir said:

I'm not bashing anyone's coffee orders.  If you like cream or sugar or foam or however you like it, hey, God bless.  But I completely dumbfounded a Dunkin' Donuts (I guess they are just Dunkin' now?) today by asking for a small black coffee.  I said a small regular coffee, and I guess regular means some amount of cream and sugar?  I'm not sure.  Admittedly I don't get out much these days.

Most American coffee sucks. Which is why folks put cream and sugar in it. 

2 hours ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

The real question is how was the Mark McGrath concert?

I heard the vocals in the mix on the headphones at the board..............he wasn't close.    Think  -- the famous Linda McCarntey iso vocal tape of Hey Jude.   Maybe not quite that bad, but not by much.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

13 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I went to the 7/11 on Monroe at 6:40.  The sign on the door said "The Free Slurpee over at 7 pm"

On 7/4/2023 at 10:07 PM, casimir said:

😄.  Yeah, you need to ask for a black coffee… a regular means with milk&sugar, but that’s not new - I remember needing to order it black (so as to not have it w/milk&sugar) 45 years ago.

Other than that, just the sheer number of ways to order coffee preparations makes your head spin. Kinda insane. 🤪

• Like 1

my wife gets mad at me because I only like black coffee.  No flavors.  Same with tea.  No lemon.  No mint.  Just black tea.  The flavor is there.   I'm a basic guy.  Same with hummus.  You start putting **** in the hummus then it's not hummus anymore.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

😄.  Yeah, you need to ask for a black coffee… a regular means with milk&sugar, but that’s not new - I remember needing to order it black (so as to not have it w/milk&sugar) 45 years ago.

Other than that, just the sheer number of ways to order coffee preparations makes your head spin. Kinda insane. 🤪

I couldn't make it as a barista.

• Haha 1

I admit progressing a bit from my days of picking up an extra large cup of 3 hour old swill from my local 7-11 on my way to work at 4:30 AM. I made the mistake a few weeks ago of ordering a flavored brew from a newly opened local establishment that had a pop up at our community clubhouse. I was supposed to be chocolate something or other....back to the basics.

On 7/12/2023 at 10:17 AM, smr-nj said:

Cark.jpg

• Haha 2

On 7/12/2023 at 9:29 AM, oblong said:

my wife gets mad at me because I only like black coffee.  No flavors.  Same with tea.  No lemon.  No mint.  Just black tea.  The flavor is there.   I'm a basic guy.  Same with hummus.  You start putting **** in the hummus then it's not hummus anymore.  

Your wife gets mad at you for liking stuff?

Dag.

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Excellent ad.

Ad team: Okay, lets ignore the 178 minutes of extremely boring stuff and just feature the one thing that happens maybe once or twice in three hours and then soccer will finally become the sport of the future just like we've been saying for forty years!!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 7:44 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

Ad team: Okay, lets ignore the 178 minutes of extremely boring stuff and just feature the one thing that happens maybe once or twice in three hours and then soccer will finally become the sport of the future just like we've been saying for forty years!!

I think you may have missed the point there Biff. You gotta watch past the 1 minute mark.