Random Randomness.

44 minutes ago, oblong said:

Apple released a classical music app separate from Apple Music. This is great at explaining why. 

My music library, which I have digitally cataloged, is 70% classical. She is correct that none of the common tools handle classical music worth a damn. The mass market streaming services are mostly bad at it also other than a couple that specialize in it. I'll have to check this out, but in general I really dislike working in the apple SW world, so I'm not optimistic.

Edited by gehringer_2

So YouTubeTV just rolled out something called MultiView.  It is for sports only and lets you watch 4 games at once, each game being 25% of your screen in a four corner layout.  You can move to each window and get sound from that.  You can select one of the windows and it will turn to that game.  Looks pretty cool so far.

One drawback as far as I can tell.  You don't get to pick the games you watch.  It just showed up in my home screen as an option, I clicked it and the four games came up.  That kind of sucks.

The odds of me upgrading to an 85 inch TV by college football season just went up quite a bit.

I believe I can stream three feeds at once.  12 games at once.

The odds of me being single by the end of college football season just went up quite a bit.

Edited by Deleterious
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2023 at 3:10 PM, Biff Mayhem said:

NSFW . Stick around to the end for the voicemail. 

So I read the comments and it turns out that this guy starred in a film produced by Jimmy Kimmel where it was all a giant ruse. Everyone but Perry was in on it. Before I link that though, apparently the Cart Narcs found out about Perry's reputation to be a real life Bobcat Goldthwait character and they continued to poke the bear:

Anyway, so the film was " Windy City Heat" and its hilarious to what lengths they went to mess with this guy. They even got Bobcat Goldthwait to "direct".

After all that, they furthered the ruse years later by telling Perry that they were making a documentary of the film and his part would be played by Rosie O'Donnell. I actually felt bad for Rosie in this.

There is more out there but apparently the Cart Narcs hit gold when they found Perry not returning his cart.

37 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'd go see that while in the area but it wouldn't be a destination attraction.

46 minutes ago, oblong said:

I think they should be randomly dispersed throughout the 50 states in the middle of a field along an interstate.... like the giant Jesus on 75 just outside of Toledo.

Wouldn't that be great if navigation took these things into consideration?

"Proceed southbound on I-75.  Take the next exit after the Big Butter Jesus."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oblong said:

Bobcat Bonnie's turning a bad yelp review into a T Shirt.  Yay for Bobcat Bonnies.  Person was probably a patron of their downriver location.  Just a guess.

bobcat.PNG

1 of the co-owners there is a good friend we've known since he was a kid.  He named the place after his gramma.

• Like 1

NASA announced the Armetis II crew today.  Going back to the moon for the first time in over 50 years (Dec '72 was Apollo 17).  I'm not embarassed to say I had goose bumps and a little teary eyed watching the announcement.  This is so freakin' cool.

• Like 1

Last week I was on youtube watching a documentary and the quality was shit.  I noticed it was from a Smithsonian Channel program so I researched how to get that, discovered it was part of Paramount Plus.  I signed up just so I could watch that documentary properly, it was part of a series.  Holy hell there's a lot of good stuff on that service.  I immediately filled up my list.  I always thought HBO Max was the top streamer but I put this over that.  And it's like 1/3 the price if you go with ads, which I don't mind.