2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

Yeah I know what the intentions are... to intimidate.

My response is still the same... I'm not certain about the intimidation factor but... I think it's pretty cool to watch.

Knowing me... I'd be struggling to not break out into wild uncontrolled laughter...

And an exclamation at the end of the laughter: "That's so F'ing Cool!!!"

Edited by 1984Echoes

On 12/17/2021 at 8:31 PM, Jim Cowan said:

If he makes the major league team, he can teach them a haka to perform before each game.  The Red Sox and the Yankees would crap their pants.

That is utterly visceral and amazing. I have a friend at work who is from Australia and I know that part of the world is really big into rugby and 30 years ago she borrowed my shortwave radio so she could listen to the rugby finals or whatever it’s called and it made her so happy and I didn’t realize why. Now I do. 

13 hours ago, cswood said:

Am I the only one that thinks this is the opposite of intimidating?

I think that when you perform the haka, it does not matter whether or not the opponent is intimidated.  The main reason that it is so powerful is the effect that it has on you, not them.  It is how you motivate yourself.

12 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Yeah I know what the intentions are... to intimidate.

My response is still the same... I'm not certain about the intimidation factor but... I think it's pretty cool to watch.

Knowing me... I'd be struggling to not break out into wild uncontrolled laughter...

And an exclamation at the end of the laughter: "That's so F'ing Cool!!!"

Did you see those French guys?  They weren't laughing.  They knew that their opponent had just become more powerful than they were before they performed it.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:31 PM, Jim Cowan said:

If he makes the major league team, he can teach them a haka to perform before each game.  The Red Sox and the Yankees would crap their pants.

I loved when Torii Hunter had the Tigers doing this. 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2f06f6f04751121cbbbb4f6cc5f7a79f/tumblr_muhjtaEZGW1rrjtcto1_400.gif

Edited by romad1

On 12/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, Jim Cowan said:

Did you see those French guys?  They weren't laughing.  They knew that their opponent had just become more powerful than they were before they performed it.

france is actually really good at rugby and has won some amazing upsets over new zealand over the years.

of course, being france, they turn around and lose to argentina or scotland.

and they host the rugby world cup in 2023!