2021 Postseason thread

oblong

I’m not proud of rooting for teams that would rain on the parades of the entitled teams and their fan bases and the corporate entities that feed off these marque events. It’s like being a dog who if he can’t eat something buries it so no other dog can have it. But I’m OK being like this. I’m not proud of it but I’m OK with it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah our pick up games of 3 on 3 used to consist of a SS, outfielder(generally between left and center) and pitcher. Anything hit to right side was out if a fielder touched the pitchers mound with possession of the ball before the batter got to first that was out too.

For instance if you hit a ball to the infielder since there was nobody covering 1st base all they had to do was throw it to the pitcher on the mound.

Not sure if that was a universal thing everywhere,  I think it was atleast in my era cause I moved a couple times as a kid and everywhere I played was like that. 

Yes, we did that, too.

16 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m not proud of rooting for teams that would rain on the parades of the entitled teams and their fan bases and the corporate entities that feed off these marque events.

The 3 or so years where the team was making no effort to compete, nudged me into a mindset where I found other ways to enjoy baseball.  I absolutely thrilled on the following play last night, because I knew it was ripping the guts out of Yankees fans everywhere.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I'm the rare non Dodger fan rooting for the Dodgers tonight.

I like Scherzer, I loathe the Cardinals, and I don't have the same level of dislike for the Dodgers as I do the Yanks or Sox

I'm cheering for the Dodgers because I like the defending champ sticking around as a target for other teams, and with 106 wins (16 more than STL) I want the regular season to mean something.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I now like Juan Soto even more now, your seasons over but you still get front row tickets to a rivals ballpark just to support a former teammate. Bonus points for wearing his old jersey too!

That is really cool.  I tuned in late and noticed two Washington Turner jerseys in the stands and but had no idea that Juan Soto was one of them.

9 hours ago, lordstanley said:

That's it for Max. 94 pitches through 4 1/3 innings. Leaves 2 on 1 out in a 1-1 tie game.

He was clearly less than pleased with the proceedings.  I didn't realize he was already at 94 pitches.  They TV guys were talking about his recent string of pitches and looking like had just pitched his best sequence of the night, but I don't think they ever mentioned the pitch count.

Edited by casimir

4 hours ago, casimir said:

He was clearly less than pleased with the proceedings.  I didn't realize he was already at 94 pitches.  They TV guys were talking about his recent string of pitches and looking like had just pitched his best sequence of the night, but I don't think they ever mentioned the pitch count.

This Washington Post column may be behind a paywall for some. I agree with a lot of what the writer says. Sometimes I feel the game is passing me by, which may just be a function of my age (I’m 54). 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/10/07/dave-roberts-max-scherzer-bullpen/

Edited by lordstanley