2022 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

13 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

A buddy of mine threw out a wild thought, what if the Lions draft both Aidan and Ojabo? Personally I think Ojabo will be gone by our 2nd pick but who knows, if the Rams keep losing he could potentially be there in the late teens. If he is I wouldn't totally be against it. With the picks we made last year on the interior they could potentially give us a great young d line. 

We could then take the best WR available with our 2nd round and 3rd round picks. I'd have to see how the board shakes up but if they aren't in love with any of the QBs and they think they could get a similar WR a dozen or so picks later then I think I like the idea. 

That was Valente's take on the ticket. I don't think Ojabo will be there, and they still have the Okwara brothers. There are other positions of need.

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Pickett looked good yesterday in the ACC Championship game. 20/33, 253 yards and 2 TDs with no INTs.

a fake slide should  be penalty though. It's not so it's fair to call him clever, but if anyone ever starts doing it more often they will have to add it to the rules. You can't demand the other players protect a sliding QB and then allow him to fake it.

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

a fake slide should  be penalty though. It's not so it's fair to call him clever, but if anyone ever starts doing it more often they will have to add it to the rules. You can't demand the other players protect a sliding QB and then allow him to fake it.

Until it is though, he's smart to exploit it.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

why would philly do that?

I suppose because this is allegedly a low talent draft so they would want an actual good player rather than 3 mediocre? I mean I know they wouldn’t, but I guess that’s a unreasonable reason.  But why would the Lions want that?

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

What makes him Goff? Are you simply going off hand size and nothing else?

below average athlete.  not a great nfl arm.  not a lot of upside.  tiny hands.

i dont see a first round pick, i see a game manager like dalton or goff as his ceiling.  more likely a career clipboard holder.

if you're gonna take a qb, take willis in the late first and bet on upside.  maybe take corral in mid round 1 if he's there (hint: he wont be).

3 minutes ago, sagnam said:

I suppose because this is allegedly a low talent draft so they would want an actual good player rather than 3 mediocre? I mean I know they wouldn’t, but I guess that’s a unreasonable reason.  But why would the Lions want that?

i would do that all day of i were a talent strapped team like the lions.  i dont think there is a player worth trading three first round picks for.  that's only for qbs and there isnt one worth that this year.  

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

i dont see a first round pick, i see a game manager like dalton or goff as his ceiling.  more likely a career clipboard holder.

if you're gonna take a qb, take willis in the late first and bet on upside.  maybe take corral in mid round 1 if he's there (hint: he wont be).

Honestly right now, I don't think I'd take any of the QBs in the first round other than Corral. Corral doesn't seem to have amazing upside, but is the most steady and consistent good QB of the bunch. I was all in on Willis at the start of the season but have cooled on him since. When he looks good he's as electric as any player out there and you see why a team would be excited about him. However, when he struggles he really bombs out. His decision making is very questionable at times and he's had 4 of his 12 games this year where his turnovers have equaled or outpaced his TDs. Who is the real Malik Willis, is he Lamar Jackson or Tavaris Jackson out there?

Right now I'm liking the idea of passing on a QB until next year and just going, sans Oline and TE, BPA with the Rams 1st round pick.

5 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Honestly right now, I don't think I'd take any of the QBs in the first round other than Corral. Corral doesn't seem to have amazing upside, but is the most steady and consistent good QB of the bunch. I was all in on Willis at the start of the season but have cooled on him since. When he looks good he's as electric as any player out there and you see why a team would be excited about him. However, when he struggles he really bombs out. His decision making is very questionable at times and he's had 4 of his 12 games this year where his turnovers have equaled or outpaced his TDs. Who is the real Malik Willis, is he Lamar Jackson or Tavaris Jackson out there?

Right now I'm liking the idea of passing on a QB until next year and just going, sans Oline and TE, BPA with the Rams 1st round pick.

i'm all about NOT taking a qb this year.

14 hours ago, buddha said:

Pickett is definitely not a below average athlete but yeah, I'm not a huge fan. The more I think about it, the more I think they need to punt on the idea of a QB in this draft and try it next year. Just load up on skill position guys/playmakers.

16 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

11 hours ago, buddha said:

i'm all about NOT taking a qb this year.

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

The more I think about it, the more I think they need to punt on the idea of a QB in this draft and try it next year. Just load up on skill position guys/playmakers.

Make that 4 of us. I've waivered back & forth on this all year.  At first I was completely against a QB in this draft, but as Goff struggled I thought it may have to happen.  Now I'm back on just fill up on all of the other talent you can get.  Ya see what 1 win does to your reasoning?

38 minutes ago, djhutch said:

Make that 4 of us. I've waivered back & forth on this all year.  At first I was completely against a QB in this draft, but as Goff struggled I thought it may have to happen.  Now I'm back on just fill up on all of the other talent you can get.  Ya see what 1 win does to your reasoning?

That's the thing, we're going to win 1, maybe 2 games this year and probably no more than 4-5 next year. We are digging out of the biggest hole, roster wise in the NFL. As much as Malik Willis' athleticism or the idea of having anyone but Goff starting next year, this team is so depleted talentwise, that sticking to the BPA plan of attack is the right course of action. They have the assets available and/or will be just plain bad enough next year that they can pass on a QB for now. I think Bryce Young is eligible for next years draft in 2023. So barring a meltdown or injury next season, we can all hop on board the Bryce Young express next season.