2022 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

42 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Whoever makes the Watson trade is likely sending a high pedigree young QB the other way and, lets be honest, it appears to be Miami if it does happen (apparently Carolina dropped out) so if Houston takes Tua as a centerpiece, why would they draft another QB? If no Watson trade is made then, yeah, it will flood the QB market even more for the draft.

You may be right.  I think the goal of these trades for Houston is to get multiple firsts and for Miami or Carolina to get a better QB because they have seen all they need to see of their young QB.  The young QB coming back is just likely to get them out of the QB room and/or free some salary.  So it’s more like Stafford/Goff.  Now Houston may have settled on being terrible for a while and will just stick with Tua.  But I think 2 of these 3 teams will entertain drafting a QB if the trade happens and all 3 of no trade happens.

25 minutes ago, Stanley70 said:

If Houston trades Watson this year, whatever team he goes to will be that much improved and thus the picks Houston would be getting in return will be worse. It makes more sense for them to wait until the off season and deal him.

The Dolphins are a trash fire this year and Miami has been the most aggressive in pursuit of Watson. I don't think Watson is turning around the 1-6 Dolphins this season. I get your point though about why Houston would want to wait.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

On 10/28/2021 at 9:38 AM, NYLion said:

Pickett has baby hands, like a good deal smaller than Goff's hands which are below average as is, so I'd be hesitant with him. Granted, Burrow also has small hands but he's an exception.

Pickett throws a pretty ball. He's very accurate, most of his incompletions are throw aways.

3 hours ago, Cruzer1 said:

Willis definitely needs to be smarter with the football and doesn't always showcase pinpoint accuracy, but highlights like this are a small taste of what the guys potential is. If he has the football IQ, mental acumen, and attitude to sit and learn, he could really turn himself into a Josh Allen-type QB with the athleticism and arm strength he possesses.

18 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Well Willis had another 3 INT game.  He did have 27 carries for 71 yards, lol.  The actual RBs combined for 28 carries for 213 yards.  Bummer.  I was kind of hoping he would be something.

Ole Miss recorded nine sacks of Willis, which I’m pretty sure are recorded as negative yard rushes in college.

On 10/31/2021 at 2:35 PM, buddha said:

is there any upside left in pickett?  older playing doing well in a bad conference?

you like him as a first round pick?

TBH, I’m not sure he’s even the best QB in the ACC. Yes, I like him but not as a first rounder (even with LA’s pick)

Take a look at this guy from UVa, Brennan Armstrong. Good skills, leadership ability. He did have a bad game against BYU. The defense didn’t help much either. 

Depending on his injury the next three games should tell us a lot..(Norte Dame, Pitt, VT) (The Va Tech game is a major rivalry game)

I’d also take a look at Keytaon Thompson for a fifth or sixth pick if he’s still there. Probably a special teams guy in the NFL. He’s played a lot at reliever this year. Bronco has him listed on the roster as “football player”

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Don’t look now but Sam Howell has started to come on again.   He’s got a mini Josh Allen feel to him with the running game.  

So we put Sam Howell in the same spot as Malik Willis then. A guy you draft with your later 1st, not #1 overall and someone you pick up because of their potential of what they could develop into.

40 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

So we put Sam Howell in the same spot as Malik Willis then. A guy you draft with your later 1st, not #1 overall and someone you pick up because of their potential of what they could develop into.

Exactly.  None of the QBs are 1–1 worthy.   

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Hindsight is obviously 2020, but would you have drafted Josh Allen #1 overall back in 2017?

Allen was 2018. I don't think the Browns are upset with Mayfield though, and Lamar was also taken in that draft (though I would definitely put both Allen and Mayfield above him). I'd give it another two years before saying for sure. 

ESPN had an article today about the CFB action on Saturday and in it was a snippet about Willis. It said that they talked to 3 scouts after the game on Saturday and 1 said Willis reminded him of McNabb, the other said Fields and finally the last one said Tavaris Jackson.  Talk about a wide spectrum of comps.

https://theathletic.com/2943001/2021/11/10/kayvon-thibodeaux-leads-nfl-draft-top-50-rankings-with-offensive-tackles-and-pass-rushers-well-represented/

brugler's new top 50.

thibs #1.  hutch #6.  (ojabo in top 25, dax hill too)

corral the top qb at 16.  pickett rising fast into top 25.  willis in the 30s.  howell in the late 40s.

lots of receivers in the teens.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:04 PM, RandyMarsh said:

ESPN had an article today about the CFB action on Saturday and in it was a snippet about Willis. It said that they talked to 3 scouts after the game on Saturday and 1 said Willis reminded him of McNabb, the other said Fields and finally the last one said Tavaris Jackson.  Talk about a wide spectrum of comps.

If the Steelers draft him to replace Big Ben he'll be McNabb, if the Lions draft him he'll be Andre Ware.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buddha said:

https://theathletic.com/2943001/2021/11/10/kayvon-thibodeaux-leads-nfl-draft-top-50-rankings-with-offensive-tackles-and-pass-rushers-well-represented/

brugler's new top 50.

thibs #1.  hutch #6.  (ojabo in top 25, dax hill too)

corral the top qb at 16.  pickett rising fast into top 25.  willis in the 30s.  howell in the late 40s.

lots of receivers in the teens.

I don't subscribe to the Athletic. Where are the OSU receivers, Olave and Wilson at?

Kiper released his new top 25. Has Thibs 1, Hutchinson 5 and Ojabo all the way up to 10. Didn't have Daxton HIll in his top 25 but he has him 2nd out of all the safeties after Hamilton who he has 2nd overall so I'm guessing he's just outside the top 25. 

Has Pickett as the top ranked QB at 20 followed by Willis at 25.  Has 6 WRs in the top 25 overall with Drake London from USC being the highest at 7. The OSU pair of Wilson and Olave are 16 and 22 respectively. 

Still a ton of time before the draft but it appears that we may be able to get a really good WR with the Rams pick if we choose to go that route.  

Edited by RandyMarsh