Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

Plus, it was mostly Blacks, so the media won't care.  

Plus, it was Blacks not in Chicago, so right wing media will care even less.

Although Dadeville just elected its first Black mayor in 2020, so they can blame woke Democrat policies in the town for the shooting.

However, the mayor has no stated party affiliation, and the right wingers can't be seen explicitly blaming the mayor's race for the shooting. Yet.

Ooh, such a quandary ... whatever will they do?

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Plus, it was Blacks not in Chicago, so right wing media will care even less.

Although Dadeville just elected its first Black mayor in 2020, so they can blame woke Democrat policies in the town for the shooting.

However, the mayor has no stated party affiliation, and the right wingers can't be seen explicitly blaming the mayor's race for the shooting. Yet.

Ooh, such a quandary ... whatever will they do?

They will blame unwed mothers for not raising better kids. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Wrong door, wrong driveway, wrong car. We’ve all done something like that at least once in our lives. 

We’ve become the Wild West 

Texas’s response will be to pass legislation to become an open brandish state.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Wrong door, wrong driveway, wrong car. We’ve all done something like that at least once in our lives. 

We’ve become the Wild West 

I have done that more than once in my life - especially as I get older!  It last happened when I was tired after a hike in NH.  I tried to open a door of a car that looked just like mine.  It only lasted a second before I realized what I was doing.  This was open carry no license MAGA country, so my first thought once I figured it out was, what could have happened if the owner saw me.  It was maybe an irrational thought...but maybe not.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

I have done that more than once in my life - especially as I get older!  It last happened when I was tired after a hike in NH.  I tried to open a door of a car that looked just like mine.  It only lasted a second before I realized what I was doing.  This was open carry no license MAGA country, so my first thought once I figured it out was, what could have happened if the owner saw me.  It was maybe an irrational thought...but maybe not.  

I've done it a couple of times coming out of a grocery store not really paying attention. There's a car that looks similar to what we drive...

I've also had to resort to turning around on back roads when missing a turn. The only option is someone's driveway or keep going a couple of miles in the wron direction..

Who hasn't accidentally tried the wrong hotel room door after going for ice.

It's a wonder I'm not dead... 

I'm also old enough to remember days of doing floral delivery asking neighbors if they wouldn't mind holding flowers until the folks next door came home.

• Like 1

I remember once sitting in a Kmart parking lot in the car with my dad. I was in the back seat and we were waiting for my mom to come out of the store. A guy walks up to the passenger door, opens it, sits down, looks at my dad and literally jumped out of the seat. The best part is, he gets out and we watch him, and he gets into a white car and they drive off. My dad's car was red. I'm not sure how he confused the two unless he was color blind.