Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

You just need more Flag lapel pins and Fox news in your life MB.

I have a wooden fence and my neighbor children have broken out some slats. I let it slide since their homeland is being ravaged by Russians and their family is in exile in Poland but I do wish they would stop busting my fence. 

I have actually blocked Fox News, OANN and Newsmax so I don't even accidentally turn them on. 

• Like 1

We used to have one of those. Our backyard was shared by two houses. The combined yards made for a great football field or a area to hit fungos.

The one neighbor had a garden along the property line and he’d confiscate balls that went into his butter bean patch. 

I think he may also have been the one who called the cops on my parents for a barking dog in the backyard 

9 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Normally I don’t give politician talk any space in my mind because they’re so full of themselves you can’t tell which end the words are coming from.

But this is beyond outrageous. And from what I’ve seen (not that it matters), it might not even be true. There are claims on Twitter that at least some of the victims were lawful permanent residents.

This should be grounds for public censure at least, if not recall. But he’ll probably just get some more fundraising donations out of it.

Why is this patriot on the run? Did he not merely exercise his god-given second amendment rights to own guns and use them in any way he sees fit? Should he not be able to go to the town square and wave his guns around and shoot them into the air and shout, “yes, I am guilty, mother****ers, I am death”? What is this country coming to?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2023/05/01/annex-nightclub-shooting-downtown-detroit-nightclub/70170431007/

This nightclub is basically across the street from Comerica Park.  A block or so down from Brass Rail.  I used to walk by it after every game before changing my parking situation when going to games.  Sometimes on Friday people will be lined up to get in, there's always loud cars in the street, a big crowd gathering.  People coming while others are leaving the game.

Throw in what's happened in Greektown.    With some big events coming to downtown this is something the city will need to jump on and get a head start.   Greektown is not what it used to be.  I hate blaming "nightclubs" because it sounds like something an old person would say but activities that start later in the evening and center around alcohol often don't end up well. But you also don't see this happening at Harry's or Bookie's or the other bars.  Something about a "nightclub" draws people prone to fighting and shooting.   We had issues like this in Dearborn about 10 years ago where two bars, that no longer exist, would advertise these late night parties with DJ's and every weekend there incidents late at night.  The city finally took away their liquor licenses and some other thing that allowed them to host parties.  Ford bought the buildings and built Wagner Place. 

We went to Greektown one summer evening a few years ago and it was surprising the change.  Cars speeding around.  People were yelling at each other all the time.  Not quite a family atmosphere.  It used to be Greektown was the only place you could go.  Now it's the last.