Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

I just saw a stat showing that there have been more Americans killed in day to day gun events since 1968 than have been killed in all the US wars ever.  It sounded fake to me, but after looking at it, it seems to be true.  About 1.4 million killed in wars, about 1.5 million killed in other events involving guns. 

There was another Mass shooting in Texas today. 

Edited by Tiger337

58 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I just saw a stat showing that there have been more Americans killed in day to day gun events since 1968 than have been killed in all the US wars ever.  It sounded fake to me, but after looking at it, it seems to be true.  About 1.4 million killed in wars, about 1.5 million killed in other events involving guns. 

There was another Mass shooting in Texas today. 

My sister in law and her husband live a few miles from there.  They are ok and nobody they knew was there for all they know. 

• Like 1

So there was a cop on the scene when this started and at least 7 still perished before the 'good guy with a gun' could engage the situation.The sane members of society need tell the gun nuts to just STFU with their asinine argument that enough guns in the 'right' hands is anything more than total lunacy as a method for acheiving public security - it's being disproven with tragic results almost daily now.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Detroit Free Press: 9 dead, 7 wounded in Texas mall shooting

We love our guns more than our people. We love objects more than human beings. I have a message for the **** your feelings crowd, **** your guns! Your right to own a gun doesn't come before anyone's right to live.

Wonder why that if I had the money I would live in Ireland or Spain?    

Risky behavior is leaving your house. 

On my way home from work last week the other side of 75 on the Rouge River bridge was closed.   Why?   They were lookin for evidence as one motorist fired shots at another.  Hit the car, but not the person but there were several shots fired.  Don't know if they caught the guy/gal (its not just a guy thing anymore).     

In other major important news Taylor Swift is dating some guy that said he would never date her.   

13 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

So there was a cop on the scene when this started and at least 7 still perished before the 'good guy with a gun' could engage the situation.The sane members of society need tell the gun nuts to just STFU with their asinine argument that enough guns in the 'right' hands is anything more than total lunacy as a method for acheiving public security - it's being disproven with tragic results almost daily now.

Has the alibi that the 7 would have easily been double digits had it not been for the gun on hand been used yet?

Nothing is going to happen during this generation of powerful political officials unless a significant number of them lose loved ones to gun violence.  Hell, even then it might not matter when you consider how many of them completely brush off January 6 as a field trip of patriots.

Edited by casimir

6 minutes ago, casimir said:

Nothing is going to happen during this generation of powerful political officials unless a significant number of them lose loved ones to gun violence.  Hell, even then it might not matter when you consider how many of them completely brush off January 6 as a field trip of patriots.

One of them was shot himself playin baseball...............crickets.  

59 minutes ago, casimir said:

Has the alibi that the 7 would have easily been double digits had it not been for the gun on hand been used yet?

Yes. I heard someone on Fox say something to that effect. 7 must be the magic number of acceptable damage in order to protect our idol the 2A.