2023 Detroit Tigers Regular Season Discussion Thread

oblong

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

And just kick him to the curb? How about now? 😁

I'm sure Harris will try to find a trade partner for him this winter although I'm with what tiger2022 is suggesting—he might not return much, or maybe even anything, so I'm mentally preparing for him to be a dead loss.

if it was up to me he'd be gone yesterday but i agree Harris will try to get something for him

On 9/3/2023 at 7:00 PM, casimir said:

Trade bait.  He could be an add on to acquire another bat to the lineup or a different pitcher.  The free agent market looks poor, so rather than shop there, why not try the trade market?  Why not engage with teams that might be looking to shed some salary, even if those salaries are attached to good ball players?

And by keeping him in AAA we extend his free agency to 2025 making him much more attractive in trade. 

5 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

40 year Anniversary 

Hah!!!

I meant it's time to add talent to this team so lets add more...

It would take something extraordinary to go that far... I of course would not argue about another championship, although I do not believe that to be in the realm of realistic probabilities for 2024.

The serendipity however, should such occur... would be off the charts!!!

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Hah!!!

I meant it's time to add talent to this team so lets add more...

It would take something extraordinary to go that far... I of course would not argue about another championship, although I do not believe that to be in the realm of realistic probabilities for 2024.

The serendipity however, should such occur... would be off the charts!!!

Gotta dream big  !!

1 minute ago, Tigermojo said:

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Riley Greene will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

"Now batting for the Tigers, number 31, left fielder, RoboGreene."

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I doubt it’s UCL because they typically know so before surgery, and I’d read they won’t know the extent of Riley’s damage until they dive in.

Well it is a sprain, so it is likely UCL. Could be another ligament, but you don't sprain muscles or tendons. Probably an issue of degree and if it is minor enough that an internal brace would work. The timeline is shorter for most position players, so I doubt it kills too much of next season. Especially now that the albatross DH is gone.

2 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Well it is a sprain, so it is likely UCL. Could be another ligament, but you don't sprain muscles or tendons. Probably an issue of degree and if it is minor enough that an internal brace would work. The timeline is shorter for most position players, so I doubt it kills too much of next season. Especially now that the albatross DH is gone.

I was using "UCL" as an inexact synonym for a tear requiring TJ. I have no doubt that is the tendon in question.