Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

18 hours ago, romad1 said:

Tork will have to be a very special RH hitting 1st baseman to justify that draft pick...

Albert Pujols?

Jimmy Foxx?

Miggy Cabrera (as a 1B'man)?

Jeff Bagwell?

Frank Thomas?

Hank Greenberg?

Paul Goldschmidt?

Steve Garvey?

What are we talking about here? What would satisfy you...? Just wondering...

21 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Albert Pujols?

Jimmy Foxx?

Miggy Cabrera (as a 1B'man)?

Jeff Bagwell?

Frank Thomas?

Hank Greenberg?

Paul Goldschmidt?

Steve Garvey?

What are we talking about here? What would satisfy you...? Just wondering...

I was subversively hinting at Miguel Cabrera with the Chris Shelton ref.  

Don’t  mind me 

I'm not saying it's gonna happen but I think a Goldschmidt comp is something we could reasonably hope for or perhaps what Matt Olsen is currently doing. They are both pretty elite hitters that still provide a ton of value to their teams despite being a 1b. 

I think it would be unreasonable to expect a prime Cabrera or Pujols and put the chances of that happening extremely low especially  Pujols who in his prime may be the greatest rh hitter of all time. 

50 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I was subversively hinting at Miguel Cabrera with the Chris Shelton ref.  

Don’t  mind me 

No I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything...

Really just wondering what people want to get out of Tork, ar at least a floor of expectations...

I'm holding out for Pujols until year 5 of Tork's career at which point... I'll modify my expectations if necessary.

Not sure if Tork or Kriedler will get another at bat, if not Tork finishes 1-4(double) and a walk. Kriedler 1 for 3 with a walk. Not eye popping by any means but what was encouraging is that they combined for only 1 K(Kriedler).

Considering the MLB quality stuff the competition had I think that is a positive thing. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'm not saying it's gonna happen but I think a Goldschmidt comp is something we could reasonably hope for or perhaps what Matt Olsen is currently doing. They are both pretty elite hitters that still provide a ton of value to their teams despite being a 1b. 

I think it would be unreasonable to expect a prime Cabrera or Pujols and put the chances of that happening extremely low especially  Pujols who in his prime may be the greatest rh hitter of all time. 

I would be giddy with either of those two results.

45 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not sure if Tork or Kriedler will get another at bat, if not Tork finishes 1-4(double) and a walk. Kriedler 1 for 3 with a walk. Not eye popping by any means but what was encouraging is that they combined for only 1 K(Kriedler).

Considering the MLB quality stuff the competition had I think that is a positive thing. 

Be careful jumping to this conclusion in AFL games.

Also be careful jumping to this conclusion because you've heard of the prospect who started. He fell off the planet this year.

Edited by Edman85

That's a great thing.  I remember being flabbergasted when I used to go to Lugnuts games and would read about volunteer "host families" in the program.  Initially, of course, I thought of the guys signing for big bonuses and wondered why they needed housing but all the other guys making dick had to scrounge.  Glad that will not be the case moving forward. 

1 hour ago, theroundsquare said:

That's a great thing.  I remember being flabbergasted when I used to go to Lugnuts games and would read about volunteer "host families" in the program.  Initially, of course, I thought of the guys signing for big bonuses and wondered why they needed housing but all the other guys making dick had to scrounge.  Glad that will not be the case moving forward. 

IIRC there were some posters here (well at the old 'here') that used to be host families in Lakeland.

Edited by gehringer_2