Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

16 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

more Kreidler hype; 

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/his-swing-remade-tigers-prospect-ryan-kreidler-is-now-dangerous-in-the-box/

Ryan Kreidler isn’t the same hitter that Eric Longenhagen and Kevin Goldstein described when they put together our Detroit Tigers Top Prospects List last spring...

I doubt that Baez' contract were laid out with Kreidler in mind, but if he is the real deal, the opt-out makes even more sense.

Also interesting to think about Schoop's future as well.... maybe trade bait if Kreidler performs?

For @microline133

BEST TOOLS

Best Hitter for Average: Riley Greene
Best Power Hitter: Spencer Torkelson
Best Strike-Zone Discipline: Andre Lipcius
Fastest Baserunner: Parker Meadows
Best Athlete: Dillon Dingler
Best Fastball: Erick Pinales
Best Curveball: Wilmer Flores
Best Slider: Zack Hess
Best Changeup: Jason Foley
Best Control: Beau Brieske
Best Defensive Catcher: Dillon Dingler
Best Defensive Infielder: Ryan Kreidler
Best Infield Arm: Gage Workman
Best Defensive Outfielder: Riley Greene
Best Outfield Arm: Jose De La Cruz

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2022-detroit-tigers-top-mlb-prospects/

On 12/1/2021 at 10:22 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Anybody got a sub to BA? I guess they put out their new Tigers top 10. They tweeted that Greene passed Tork for number 1 but as a non subscriber that's all I know. 

They are wrong.  Torkelson is going to be better.  Bold prediction: Torkelson will be Rookie of the Year.  Greene will struggle in his first season.  

news from the Freep that Paredes is picking kit up in Winter ball. After a bad start he has 18 for his last 40 with 4HR. What interesting is that if you compare the two clips below you can a change in his approach. He has changed the action on his left foot to stay back longer. Maybe a bit more upright as well. No doubt directed at helping him unlock more power.

older stance here

https://www.mlb.com/video/isaac-paredes-two-run-hr

this week here:

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

They are wrong.  Torkelson is going to be better.  Bold prediction: Torkelson will be Rookie of the Year.  Greene will struggle in his first season.  

I think Torkelson, Greene and Kreidler will all have great rookie seasons in 2023 after they spend a full year at Toledo in 2022 because we won't have MLB baseball at all.   

• 3 weeks later...