The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

This story about his accounting firm not only disavowing the last decade's worth of financial records but straight up cutting ties feels like a turning point day in the investigation by the New York's AG's office.

IDK Tater, the Trump saga has already had more turns that a 3 ft jack-screw.

But here's hoping...

3 hours ago, oblong said:

I haven’t been able to find anything that makes sense of that. Are they knee deep in it and this is their way of covering their ass?  Or trying to?  I don’t see how they just come to that conclusion now. 

Perhaps the investigators have started banging on their door so now they’re preparing to cooperate.

Devil’s Advocate says that a loud effort to get Trump and his kids to testify will renew his persecuted-by-the-elites bona fides with the red hat faithful and re-energize his political fortunes. If he takes the good advice to stay quiet while all that’s happening—a long shot of course, but if he could—he might recapture a good chunk of the squishy moderates who had taken a chance on him before but who abandoned him recently due to his asshattery.

18 hours ago, chasfh said:

I want to like this unreservedly, but I've been alive and aware for the last six years.

I'll be impressed only once they do show up and have to field questions live. Hopefully on TV. Wouldn't that be a gas!

It will be great when we all see how stupid they are and then the MAGAs brag about how they owned ther liberals once again!

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Devil’s Advocate says that a loud effort to get Trump and his kids to testify will renew his persecuted-by-the-elites bona fides with the red hat faithful and re-energize his political fortunes. If he takes the good advice to stay quiet while all that’s happening—a long shot of course, but if he could—he might recapture a good chunk of the squishy moderates who had taken a chance on him before but who abandoned him recently due to his asshattery.

He'll be quiet in court and then incriminate himself in public.  It won't matter though.  Nothing is going to happen to him just like the past 40 years.  

31 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

He'll be quiet in court and then incriminate himself in public.  It won't matter though.  Nothing is going to happen to him just like the past 40 years.  

I meant Trump being quiet while the Democrats agitate loudly to get him to testify, which could successfully portray him as being persecuted by the elites. He probably won't do so, but he could benefit politically with squishy Republican moderates if he did. Those people are eager for him to become "presidential" so they can support him with a clear conscience.

But I do think you're on to something regarding being quiet or even meek in court. I remember Trump being interviewed by Colbert before the 2016 election early on in the CBS show's run. Trump was the opposite of bomb-thrower on the show. He was quiet, gentle, measured, borderline meek and "aw shucks", perhaps because he was in the presence of someone who qualifies as being "the elite"? I can't say I know this for certain but that's how it struck me. That comports with my own experience because I've seen plenty of instances of working class red hat-types who rail angrily against "rich assholes" to each other, but then go very quiet and passive when in the presence of someone they perceive to be that, behaving very politely, almost like a supplicant.