The pet peeve thread

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The Jimmie Walker Medicare commercials.  The first one was bad, and they somehow managed to make the second one worse. 

The way he says Money makes me want to punch the wall.   

Fingernails on a chalk board, man.  

He's the reason John Amos left Good Times.  He thought he was a sad caricature and not a good role model for black people.  

If you study comedians you know that at one time Jay Leno and David Letterman were living in Walker's apartment in the  70's writing jokes for him.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oblong said:

He's the reason John Amos left Good Times.  He thought he was a sad caricature and not a good role model for black people.  

If you study comedians you know that at one time Jay Leno and David Letterman were living in Walker's apartment in the  70's writing jokes for him.....

Esther Rolle left the show because of that too, but she came back for the lasts season when they promised to have a more mature JJ.   

Was going to get a couple of Elton John tickets at Comerica Park.  The advertised price was $55 each.   I expect fees to be added.    The fees were $48.    I can afford that, no problem, but sorry, I refuse to pay that kind of fee.  I just can't do it.  Wouldn't even be a physical ticket.  $43 Convenience Fee.   What the fuck does that even mean?  Convenient for whom?    It's just wrong.   Those kind of fees should be included in the advertised price.  It should be a law.  

By the way, I do get free tickets to a lot of shows becsuse of radio, so maybe this has been going on for a long time.  When I bought Wilco tickets for Chicago last year it was $16 in fees.  Not happy with that, but I can deal with that.   But $48?   Not a chance. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I remember being uncomfortable paying $100 to see McCartney. A freakin' Beatle. Now I just paid $148 to see Megadeth. How the times have changed.

I bought a pair of McCartney tickets in 2011 and I think the total was $78, but it was summer and the Comerica Park Box Office was open and it's not far from where I work so I bough them in person. 

About 5 years ago, bought a pair of Iggy Pop tickets............$88 total.   My girlfriend's sister bought tickets online in the same row for her and her husband. Fees were $22 - PER TICKET.   So for the same row they paid $132.   Insane.  

• 2 weeks later...

Add "Winter Olympics" to the list of things you can get sued for saying on the radio 9f there is any kind station event.   

It's the same reason I now hate the Woodward Dream Cruise.   They took something that was organic and ruined it. 

It seems to me that with the TV ratings of both Olympics slipping over the last couple of decades, you might not want to stop people from talking about it.   Oh well,  I am sure our listeners won't even notice. 

And regarding the Dream Cruise.   Why does it have to be a sanctioned event?   Why can't people just drive their classic cars on Woodward whenever the fuck they want?     

On 1/17/2022 at 9:30 AM, oblong said:

I just look at the fees as them now having the ability to divvy up the slices involved in who gets what money. If a ticket says $65 then I assume it will be $100. 

I got second row on the field tickets for Elton John. 

I saw Elton John at LCA a few years ago and it was really awesome.  This should be pretty great.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I saw Elton John at LCA a few years ago and it was really awesome.  This should be pretty great.

My wife expressed interest and I figured at Comerica Park you really need great seats.  with a legend like that I figured just go for it.  I won't miss the money.

Sorry, Had to rub it in a bit. After watching three weekends of snowmageddon only to see about three inches of the stuff that was easily taken care of by solar snow removal.

(The mess a few weeks ago doesn't count, we were too far south and in a bit of a snow/rain hole. I blame the I-95 fiasco on idiot truck drivers who always tend to drive to fast through that corridor.

Hang in there, stay safe..

• Haha 1

I’m my own pet peeve today.  Why can I never just leave well enough alone and follow a recipe?

But, no….. let’s add this. And this. Oops, no chicken broth to add to the crockpot? Just use vegetable bullion water. And salsa. And… hm… no actual chili powder in the house? (I’m making turkey chili in a crockpot by the way) Let’s just add chipotle & cayenne.  And oregano.  And, let’s try adding unsweetened cocoa… I read that somewhere , didn’t I?  Added. Oh, and that frozen chopped up butternut squash… yeah, I’ll throw some of that in too.

I’m expecting a crockpot full of crap in about 6 hrs.  
I am a moron.  Ugh

• Haha 1

Every year for the last four years we get a turkey from Popeyes. It's phenomenal and we willingly have Thanksgiving lunch/dinner for a couple of days after. Whatever is left over after that is put in a crockpot with northern beans, salsa and shredded cheese. Then that gets eaten for a few days.

This last Thanksgiving I bought an extra turkey so we can do it all over again soon!

• Like 1

PREDICTION YESTERDAY 12-16 INCHES

DREW & MIKE SNOW TOTAL FORMULA - Take the lower end of the estimate and cut it in half and that is what we will truly get - which would be 6 inches. 

After a full day of being in full Snowgasm mode yesterday, our local media is now saying about 7 inches 

It is incredible how accurate the Drew & Mike formula usually is.