2023 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

Listening to NFL radio right now. They have TJ McCreight on right now.  Says Hooker is very unlikely to get into the 20s, thinks he will be drafted in the teens.

The panel was also saying whoever gets Bijan is gonna get a generational talent.  DL and Bijan would be an ideal 1st round haul.  Wonder what Holmes thinks. 

1 hour ago, TP_Fan said:

Another thing McCreight said is that Levis is the best QB in the draft.  Interesting hearing the different opinions of scouts and evaluators. 

i just listened to a podcast the other day that said levis and richardson arent even first rounders, lol.

nobody knows nothin.

12 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

where does Carter ever makes sense? if he is there at 18, would Holmes pass again?

I think he's completely off their draft board. Beyond his legal troubles, I think him showing up to the combine out of shape and looking lazy during drills soured them. Short of something crazy like him being there in the 3rd round or later, they aren't drafting him period.

https://www.motownlions.com/2023/03/24/mounting-character-concerns-mean-detroit-lions-pass-on-jalen-carter-for-now-in-mock-draft/
Birkett is mocking Skoronski to Detroit at 6. 

I’ve seen him as a dark horse candidate at 6 for a while. Maybe it is a bit of a luxury to pick a guard at 6, but he will play in the league at a high level for a decade. And with health questions for Ragnow and Vaitai, maybe he would be less of a luxury than we expect now. 

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I think he's completely off their draft board. Beyond his legal troubles, I think him showing up to the combine out of shape and looking lazy during drills soured them. Short of something crazy like him being there in the 3rd round or later, they aren't drafting him period.

I would go even further. Even if he’s there in the 3rd round, I think that means that 31 other teams have written him off too. I don’t think the Lions would then be the first to say “eh worth a shot at this point”. I don’t think he will be considered at all.

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

https://www.motownlions.com/2023/03/24/mounting-character-concerns-mean-detroit-lions-pass-on-jalen-carter-for-now-in-mock-draft/

I’ve seen him as a dark horse candidate at 6 for a while. Maybe it is a bit of a luxury to pick a guard at 6, but he will play in the league at a high level for a decade. And with health questions for Ragnow and Vaitai, maybe he would be less of a luxury than we expect now. 

Oh this would be terrible.  

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

I'm shocked Birkett didn't mock a QB to Detroit. For years during the Stafford era he wanted to draft a QB. 

13 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

They might look at him as a Guard for now and then transition him over to Tackle to replace Taylor Decker after this season. I'm not saying I'd pick Skoronski, but I wouldn't write him off as being an option at #6.

i hope they dont take him at 6.  that's way too high for him.  there are better talented players on the board.

fuck, id rather take bijan at 6 than skowronski.  18?  maybe.  6?  no fucking way.

44 minutes ago, buddha said:

i hope they dont take him at 6.  that's way too high for him.  there are better talented players on the board.

fuck, id rather take bijan at 6 than skowronski.  18?  maybe.  6?  no fucking way.

Would you take someone who could be a starting Tackle at #6? If so, I think Skoronski is in that group with Paris Johnson Jr. as a high end Tackle prospect and will get top 10 consideration, potentially at #6.

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Would you take someone who could be a starting Tackle at #6? If so, I think Skoronski is in that group with Paris Johnson Jr. as a high end Tackle prospect and will get top 10 consideration, potentially at #6.

there are three players in the nfl who played tackle with arms that short.  two of whom arent any good and one is ok. he's an emergency tackle who will most likely end up at guard.  at #6?  no way.

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Well, that's the thing isn't it? There is a lot of noise that he won't be able to play tackle in the NFL. A little unusul for there not to be a consensus top end OT in this draft but what can you do?