The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

10 hours ago, Archie said:

Can you imagine what would happen if a court invaldated the election? It would be chaos and war in the streets.  I don't think anybody would take that responsibility for starting that. It would be a no win situation so it was best to do nothing.

or I could remember 2000

10 hours ago, Archie said:

Can you imagine what would happen if a court invaldated the election? It would be chaos and war in the streets.  I don't think anybody would take that responsibility for starting that. It would be a no win situation so it was best to do nothing.

Alternatively, have you considered that all the lawsuits were lost because they, in fact, didn't prove the existence of widespread voter fraud?

I remember at least one specific instance (in PA) where Rudy G was saying one thing to the public on voter fraud yet changed his tune when under oath (ie. ask risk of perjuring himself). There were probably others at the time as well.

Just because a case doesn't go your way doesn't mean there's some other reason for it other than your side had a bad case.

Edited by mtutiger

17 hours ago, mtutiger said:

There were upwards of 50 lawsuits...

And Trump and his minions lost every single one of them because they were full of shit. They had no evidence whatsoever of election fraud. Just Trump BS. 

Actually, I think it was 1-65 and the one win was not due to fraud but rather that PA didn't follow their state rules to extend the voting deadline... a technicality.

21 hours ago, Archie said:

The lawsuits were thrown out because they were stupid.  The election wasn't even very close and there is no evidence of widespread fraud that would have changed the election.  It's just your guy being a big baby because he didn't win. 

Also, his lawyers are all idiots.  With all his money (supposedly) and power, he should have had access to the best lawyers in the country and instead he surrounds himself with incompetent morons.  Your guy is a complete charlatan and you guys just keep believing everything he says.       

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

The lawsuits were thrown out because they were stupid.  The election wasn't even very close and there is no evidence of widespread fraud that would have changed the election.  It's just your guy being a big baby because he didn't win. 

Also, his lawyers are all idiots.  With all his money (supposedly) and power, he should have had access to the best lawyers in the country and instead he surrounds himself with incompetent morons.  Your guy is a complete charlatan and you guys just keep believing everything he says.       

I have thought the same thing about his lawyers.  You would think he would have the best but he hired some quacks. 

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Trump's phone call to the Georgia SoS was the nail that should have sealed his political coffin.  He was asking the man to lie to give him an election.  

This is a really good point. He literally asked Raffensperger to throw out 11,781 votes (one more than the margin) and give him the win.

It wasn't subtle at all. He was trying deny agency to those in Georgia who voted for someone else.

I dont know why there would be an expectation of legitimacy surrounding the former President should he have somehow remained in office through methods like this.

Edited by mtutiger

On 10/23/2021 at 8:32 PM, Tiger337 said:

I don't follow politics as much as most people here do, but there were dozens of lawsuits from November through December and they were all denied.  Even the Trump selected Supreme Court rejected them.  There's nothing there.  The vote went through all the processes according to the constitution and they found nothing.  Trump was just too immature to admit that he lost the election and now he's making millions off his fake protests.  And all his supporters have fallen for it.  

I don't think it's a matter of immaturity on the part of Trump, as though he expected to win and he's throwing a tantrum because he didn't. I think that's an act. I think it always was the plan to use the loss of the election as the springboard to dismantle the very idea of democracy and its elections. They know their base thrives on feeling like they're an oppressed minority. It's their superpower, but it doesn't manifest itself if they actually win.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I hated Donald Trump back in the 1980s and it's never changed.  I always thought he was just a loud-mouth fraud.   I just can't believe he has this political power.   We're so broken.   How the hell did this happen?  

The Apprentice.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

The Apprentice.

that legitimized him to the ignorant as if he were some tycoon when in fact he was just a guy living on credit and a brand name.... then you throw in the extreme hatred of the first black president and you have a perfect mix of toxicity.

the mid terms of 2010 did a lot to set the stage where we sit today.  

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The Apprentice.

Celebrity worship in general.    People just pick the most famous person.    It's why Arnold won in California too.   And Tommy Tuberville, who makes Louie Gohmert look, well no, nothing could make Gohmert look smart, but Tuberville is a freaking idiot, but hey, he coached a favorite football team.     Too bad the rest of us have to pay for that. 

I sort of followed the first season then got bored with the genre. There was nothing in that scripted show that made me admire him.

He reminds me of the guy who bought the last “real” radio station I worked. The guy came across as a nice guy when he was interested in buying the station. It was a small AM, we were ignored by the last couple small corporate owners who focused on the FM side, leaving us to basically keep the needle moving.

He indicated he had big plans for the station. What he really wanted was the property and could give two shits about the station. Once he took over he hired a satellite music salesman as his consultant, we went round and round over the decision to go to the bird and his choice of formats once we did. He even accused me of sabotaging the equipment. Funny, when I left the 7-11 regional manager hired to oversee the operation also walked.  The station eventually when dark. The guy now has a local reputation as a slum lord who cheats his tenants.

To me that’s Trump in a nutshell. Only on a national scale. A slumlord who fleeces his followers.

Just take a look at his latest social media venture. A shell company inside a shell company.

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I sort of followed the first season then got bored with the genre. There was nothing in that scripted show that made me admire him.

He reminds me of the guy who bought the last “real” radio station I worked. The guy came across as a nice guy when he was interested in buying the station. It was a small AM, we were ignored by the last couple small corporate owners who focused on the FM side, leaving us to basically keep the needle moving.

He indicated he had big plans for the station. What he really wanted was the property and could give two shits about the station. Once he took over he hired a satellite music salesman as his consultant, we went round and round over the decision to go to the bird and his choice of formats once we did. He even accused me of sabotaging the equipment. Funny, when I left the 7-11 regional manager hired to oversee the operation also walked.  The station eventually when dark. The guy now has a local reputation as a slum lord who cheats his tenants.

To me that’s Trump in a nutshell. Only on a national scale. A slumlord who fleeces his followers.

Just take a look at his latest social media venture. A shell company inside a shell company.

I guess Penn Jillette was outselling his ice cream much more than some country singer (Trace Adkins?) and should have won the Celebrity version, but he was asked if he would support and endorse Trump for President he refused - and so he lost.   And I believe him.     Jillette never supported a Republican or Democrat until 2016 when he whole heartedly supported Hillary because his quote was "How ever bad you think Trump is, he's worse."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Jillette never supported a Republican or Democrat until 2016 when he whole heartedly supported Hillary because his quote was "How ever bad you think Trump is, he's worse."

that's something because from hearing him interviewed over the years I'd guess that philosophically his sentiments would be conservative.

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

that's something because from hearing him interviewed over the years I'd guess that philosophically his sentiments would be conservative.

Not conservative, libertarian (he's too socially liberal to be a conservative, believes in gay rights, atheist)  but that's how much he hated the idea of Trump being President.  

6 minutes ago, oblong said:

It used to be that libertarians were democrats who owned guns or republicans who smoked pot

I remember that!

I think the first presidential candidate I ever voted for was the libertarian candidate only because he wanted to legalize pot. Which is why a vote in the hands of a nineteen-year-old can be a dangerous thing. 😉