The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

43 minutes ago, oblong said:

Basically what Trump did was redefine what it means to be a Republican.  The ironic thing is those republicans who oppose him are called RINO’s. Check your history.  He’s the ultimate RINO.  Even Goldwater would have renounced him. The Birchers won. 

Reagan was philosophically different in ways as well.

Not that I like the guy much, but I still marvel at how, when you go back and listen to Reagan speeches, how much more optimistic Reagan sounded compared to Trump... just completely different personalities.

Edited by mtutiger

33 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Reagan was philosophically different in ways as well.

Not that I like the guy much, but I still marvel at how, when you go back and listen to Reagan speeches, how much more optimistic Reagan sounded compared to Trump... just completely different personalities.

The other thing is that given the evidence of the US middle class collapse, Reagan would have changed his economic policies. Reagan pushed Reagonomics because he honestly believed it would *increase* equity. He became a Republican because he believed the poverty policies of the left had made things worse, not so that he could pump up the 1%ers. He and the modern GOP  "screw my neighbor, I've got mine" would have nothing in common.

22 hours ago, Archie said:

Trump is actually a democrat.  

Fixed that for you, and based on his recent statement regarding Colin Powell he's the far left leaning radical kind that bitches at Ellen for being nice to evil people like Bush.

Edited by ewsieg

8 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Why is it that the GOP doesn't complain about elections they win? Don't they want ALL elections to be fair? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Do you not want safe and secure elections?  Do you think it would be alright if we allowed absentee or mail in ballots and not check for signature or use other controls to make sure the person registered to vote and is claiming to submit the ballot is the one who is actually submitted it?

26 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Please explain exactly where and when the last election was not safe and secure. 

Be sure to back up your answer with facts and not innuendo. Please show all your work with supporting links

If you really wanted to know you would do the research yourself.  There were many reports of signatures not being matched on absentee mail in ballots.   This is not just in some po-dunk areas with 53 voters.  It was a wide spread problem.  Some areas did it well and some areas didn't. That is a lot of why people question results of the election.  When results are in question its a major issue.  Since democrats did so well they don't have a problem with the election but if the tables were turned and Republican won like this, Nancy, Chuck, Shifty and Jerry No-Nads would have more hearings than you could count.  I know ...But Trump, but Trump, but Trump.....so save it.

Edited by Archie
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Why is it that the GOP doesn't complain about elections they win? Don't they want ALL elections to be fair? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I saw a tweet yesterday that the WI Assembly Speaker's response to a non-partisan audit that found no fraud and issues with machines was that it improved we "need more investigation"

Basically, "the audits will continue until we get the answer we want"

10 minutes ago, Archie said:

If you really wanted to know you would do the research yourself.  There were many reports of signatures not being matched on absentee mail in ballots.   This is not just in some po-dunk areas with 53 voters.  It was a wide spread problem.  Some areas did it well and some areas didn't. That is a lot of why people question results of the election.  When results are in question its a major issue.  Since democrats did so well they don't have a problem with the election but if the tables were turned and Republican won like this, Nancy, Chuck, Shifty and Jerry No-Nads would have more hearings than you could count.  I know ...But Trump, but Trump, but Trump.....so save it.

In other words you have no proof. All those investigations into “voting irregularities” by Rudy and his gang turned up nothing. The only voter fraud was dead republicans voting for Trump.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Please explain exactly where and when the last election was not safe and secure. 

Be sure to back up your answer with facts and not innuendo. Please show all your work with supporting links

His job is to add internet noise that causes the non-thinking, (or perhaps its best to call them critical thinking impaired) right-leaning person to say "there is so much stuff out there about fraud, i don't know what to think".   Combine that with the mythos that Donald Trump is a divinity unto himself or fourth part of the Holy Trinity and there is no reason he doesn't win besides the mischief of the unholy people who are not "true America".