Biden's presidency

ewsieg

14 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I made more money in the market this year than any other year with my usual mostly passive investing.   The problem is it's mostly retirement money which I can't spend yet so it doesn't feel real.  I'm expecting a big crash right as I retire!

7 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I can just see tiger337 foreclosing on a couple of widows, and then heading off for lunch at his club.

When people who have no business thinking and talking about the market are thinking and talking about the market, that tells you its a bubble.   

God I hope not.  i do want to retire at some point. 

8 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Why does each "side" have to talk about impeaching every term?  When was the last time the other "side" had a sitting president when impeachment was NOT brought up?  Was it Regan?

After the GOP actually did impeach Clinton, and the why behind it,  the meaning went away.

It won't pass the senate obviously, so...

I think the key to defense in politics is running out the clock.   If they're going to prioritize something that has no chance of succeeding that high, they literally help run out the clock.  Bring it.

Edited by pfife

51 minutes ago, pfife said:

I thought both Trump impeachments were warranted, the second one very much so. 

Jbk did you think either or both were warranted?

I do not follow current politics enough to have the required info to say yes or no on that question.  All I know is that the word is tossed around in presidencies all the time.  To the point where I think it lost it's real meaning.

To the Clinton Impeachment...from what I recall (and I may be wrong about it) it really all just came down to lying under oath.

I like democracy, but I think the whole thing needs to be tore down and rebuilt.  

2 hours ago, pfife said:

I thought both Trump impeachments were warranted, the second one very much so. 

Jbk did you think either or both were warranted?

The second one was the most warranted impeachment ever.  I don't know about the first one.  It sounded like he did a lot of illegal stuff, but they couldn't provide any solid proof, so they tried to nail him on something that was wrong, but not really that big of a deal as far as politics go.  

1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

I do not follow current politics enough to have the required info to say yes or no on that question.  All I know is that the word is tossed around in presidencies all the time.  To the point where I think it lost it's real meaning.

To the Clinton Impeachment...from what I recall (and I may be wrong about it) it really all just came down to lying under oath.

I like democracy, but I think the whole thing needs to be tore down and rebuilt.  

Nothing needs to be torn down.  Better people need to run and people need to vote for them.  Easier said than done with all the money involved.  

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

The second one was the most warranted impeachment ever.  I don't know about the first one.  It sounded like he did a lot of illegal stuff, but they couldn't provide any solid proof, so they tried to nail him on something that was wrong, but not really that big of a deal as far as politics go.  

Since the day Trump was elected there were dems calling for his impeachment.  That shows they didn't care about facts or reasons they just wanted power.  You might remember Dearborn's favorite politician calling to impeach the MFer.  How professional of her.  Anyway, both impeachments were partisan dog and pony shows.  The first one was  like a comedy shop with Schiff and Nadler trying to talk over each other with their false information and refusal to let the Republicans even get a word in.  The second was more of the same and an even bigger waste of time trying to impeach someone that's not even in office.  Pelosi and her clan were just proving that when you think the democrats can't go any lower, wait until tomorrow.

58 minutes ago, Archie said:

The second was more of the same and an even bigger waste of time trying to impeach someone that's not even in office.  Pelosi and her clan were just proving that when you think the democrats can't go any lower, wait until tomorrow.

LOL - One of the things Pelosi was trying to do would have been a favor to the remaining sane people in the GOP by removing Trump from future electoral politics, but they weren't having any.

56 minutes ago, Archie said:

Since the day Trump was elected there were dems calling for his impeachment.  That shows they didn't care about facts or reasons they just wanted power.  You might remember Dearborn's favorite politician calling to impeach the MFer.  How professional of her.  Anyway, both impeachments were partisan dog and pony shows.  The first one was  like a comedy shop with Schiff and Nadler trying to talk over each other with their false information and refusal to let the Republicans even get a word in.  The second was more of the same and an even bigger waste of time trying to impeach someone that's not even in office.  Pelosi and her clan were just proving that when you think the democrats can't go any lower, wait until tomorrow.

Nope, the second impeachment was a no brainer.  Even several Republicans went along with it.  Trump was guilty as hell.  

• Thanks 1