2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Funny (and ridiculous) enough, that still wasn't better than what the guy that would have been in front of him at Toledo did last night.....

Krieider went 3/3 with *2* HR, and a walk last night.

Let the great Paredes/Kreidler debate begin...which will exponentially increase the instances of misspellings of their names.

13 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I never had difficulty with Raburn, it was easy for me to remember to drop the y but I did have problems with Paredes. I would always go between that and Parades. I think that's why I just started calling him E-Sock.

Yes, I was always spelling it Parades too.  I'm still bummed that I learned how to spell Tuiasosopo and Saltalamacchia and they were only here for a short time.  I could've used those brain cells for better use. 

19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I never had difficulty with Raburn, it was easy for me to remember to drop the y but I did have problems with Paredes. I would always go between that and Parades. I think that's why I just started calling him E-Sock.

I have a difficult time with Paredes too.  Once I started calling him Ike, it got easier because there is no A in Ike.  

2 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I could see this coming, Paredes' career just falling off a cliff.

You'd think with all those nerds working in the Rays front office and all that fancy technology they supposedly have that they would have been smart enough to realize to sell high on him after his performance yesterday. MORANS!

6 hours ago, casimir said:

It’s a step up from running the bases in the correct direction.

I remember reading a story where a team was trying to do a hit and run. The batter swung and missed, but the runner successfully made it to 2nd. The runner yelled back, "let's try it again!"  And on the next pitch he ran back to first base. Everyone just stood there shocked, the batter, catcher, umpires.  The rulebook was changed the following year to state that runners cannot run the bases backwards. I wish I could remember more details. 

2 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

I remember reading a story where a team was trying to do a hit and run. The batter swung and missed, but the runner successfully made it to 2nd. The runner yelled back, "let's try it again!"  And on the next pitch he ran back to first base. Everyone just stood there shocked, the batter, catcher, umpires.  The rulebook was changed the following year to state that runners cannot run the bases backwards. I wish I could remember more details. 

Tiger OF Germany Schaefer.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Germany_Schaefer

Upon further review, it was a double steal, not a hit and run.  But the dude was a piece of work.

Edited by casimir