2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

16 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

There's very few players in the league that are more unlikable than Sale. Whether he really is one or not he atleast comes across as a total dick! 

He's such a prick.   Cutting up uniforms and the whole binoculars bit with Victor Martinez and there were few things sweeter than this moment.   (and not only that, it reminds us of a time when we actually had decent announcers - good call by Mario and great chuckle by Rod the second he hit it).     Now that Brett Gardner is gone, he is the single biggest prick in baseball all by himself.  I hope his comeback fails just so we can see more tantrums from this five year old.   SUCK ON THIS, SALE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Motor City Sonics

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He's such a prick.   Cutting up uniforms and the whole binoculars bit with Victor Martinez and there were few things sweeter than this moment.   (and not only that, it reminds us of a time when we actually had decent announcers - good call by Mario and great chuckle by Rod the second he hit it).     Now that Brett Gardner is gone, he is the single biggest prick in baseball all by himself.  I hope his comeback fails just so we can see more tantrums from this five year old.   SUCK ON THIS, SALE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a thrill.  I've never seen that before.

6 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Wow, what a thrill.  I've never seen that before.

I still say that moment was the last time Comerica was really rocking and felt like the "good ole days" when the Tigers were good.  Yeah Cabrera's 3000 hit was a great moment and all but it didn't have the same type of feeling or energy.imo 

I remember playing under the lights all through my teenage years and never "losing one in the lights" but I did lose one once in the setting sun in Fort Erie, just across the river from Buffalo.  I was playing right field, looking due west into a blazing sunset, and a lefthanded batter hit a line drive at me and I lost it immediately, so I had to set up where I thought the ball was headed and it hit me in the forearm which was pretty good route recognition on my part, I thought at the time.  Most importantly though, it did not hit me in the nuts.

On 7/9/2022 at 12:42 AM, Jim Cowan said:

I remember playing under the lights all through my teenage years and never "losing one in the lights" but I did lose one once in the setting sun in Fort Erie, just across the river from Buffalo.  I was playing right field, looking due west into a blazing sunset, and a lefthanded batter hit a line drive at me and I lost it immediately, so I had to set up where I thought the ball was headed and it hit me in the forearm which was pretty good route recognition on my part, I thought at the time.  Most importantly though, it did not hit me in the nuts.

I remember playing first base at sunset.  The manager tried to give me sunglasses, but I am near sighted.  I survived.