2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

The beauty of sports is the objective nature of the games. Scoreboard. Politics and religion and all things not sports should be kept separate. Honor Jackie Robinson and leave it at that. The rest is a slippery slope snd owners trying to gain "acceptance/$" probably loose as much as they gain. Just promote the GAME. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buddha said:

one thing that's obvious to me from reading the gospels is that jesus never felt pitchers should bat.

I was taught that Jesus was the King of Kings, and was also really good at attacking offspeed pitches.

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, Ancient Fan said:

Sorry gehringer, you are way off base. It is very much biblical and has been "Christian" ever since creation. As far as living like other people, I live next door to "married" homosexual guys. They are indeed good citizens. There lifestye is a sin as indicated by the Bible. Leviticus 18:22, 20:13

If you start quoting Leviticus you have already lost any argument. Read the whole thing and check back. 🤣

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Back in the day I’d be banning people and handing out tickets for shit like this. Now I even say shit. We don’t even have good trolls anymore. The old days were better. 

I like how the old board would use characters (#$%&) to block swear words.  Made it more impactful than actually seeing them.

1 minute ago, Tigermojo said:

I thought the disrespectful part was discussing religion/homosexuality in a thread about baseball. Was someone being disrespectful to others?

nyah, just a comment on what usually happens in the political forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

i love that tony larussa manages the sox.

sports radio is all about how the sox are screwed because larussa will never quit and reinsdorf will never fire him.

It's great that he's so much smarter than everyone, always has been  and I too love the fact that he manages the White Sox.

My wife used to work at Structure in the 90s at fairlane mall. It was a mens clothing store.  At the time a lot of the teams would stay at either the Hyatt or the Ritz.  She waited on many famous people over the years.  The only jerk she came across was LaRussa.