2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

2 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Not trying to get political which unfortunately this topic is but KC will be without 10 of it's players in Toronto. 

That being said Merrifield basically said if he were moved to a contender he might get vaxxed.

lol a guy named "Whit" from small-town South Carolina doing his own research on an infectious disease.

https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/32821372/thumb/1.jpg

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Not trying to get political which unfortunately this topic is but KC will be without 10 of it's players in Toronto. 

That being said Merrifield basically said if he were moved to a contender he might get vaxxed.

Andrew Benintendi just loss some trade value, one would think

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, casimir said:

The Tigers are in Toronto at the end of the month.  Do we hope that "hitting" coaches and/or bats are placed on the restricted list?

Based on the pattern of white dudes from or played college ball in the South being unvaxxed, I’d be very concerned we won’t have much of a bullpen.   

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Based on the pattern of white dudes from or played college ball in the South being unvaxxed, I’d be very concerned we won’t have much of a bullpen.   

I know last year that at one point everyone except Rogers was vaxxed (Jimmie P outed him lol). But there definitely has been a lot of roster churn since then lol

HOUSTON -- All-Star pitcher Justin Verlander reminded everyone Saturday afternoon he still has plenty left in the tank when he reached back in the fifth inning and dotted a 99 mph fastball for a ball to Ramón Laureano of the A’s. It was the first time he’s touched 99 mph since July 21, 2018, and the first time since he had Tommy John surgery, which cost him the entire 2021 season.

23 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Stat of the day, love it.

Lol yep, Terrance Gore is the modern day version. I don't remember the stat but it it was in a similar vein. Essentially he's been put on a bunch of postseason rosters lately only to be a pinch runner late in the game. 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:05 PM, Tenacious D said:

Charlie Montoya is wishing he could have made it a few more days to manage against KC’s AAA team.

He is the all time wins leader as manager for the Durham Bulls. He is a solid baseball guy out of the Rays organization. It would be really nice, and smart, if Detroit could get him into the organization. 

9 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Wow

One of my good buddies who’s from there is in the area for his annual back-home summer trip and was at the game. He texted me that he had just seen an inside-the-park-grand slam and I gave him a thumbs up. Didn’t hear back by 10 or 15 minutes later and when I looked at the game score, I saw why he had ignored my text.

He sent me a video later: they still sang Sweet Caroline. So morale was still high.

Edited by chasfh