2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

On 5/30/2022 at 10:23 PM, RandyMarsh said:

This is just brutal!

Faedo was doing pretty good dragging some pitch decisions out yesterday. I think it was aganst Kepler who backed out a couple times because Faedo was taking so long.

1 minute ago, Archie said:

Faedo was doing pretty good dragging some pitch decisions out yesterday. I think it was aganst Kepler who backed out a couple times because Faedo was taking so long.

The twins were having trouble with pitchcom at a couple points in the game but I didn't pay attention to whether the Tigers had to give up on it also during the game or not.

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

Dave fired Joe Girardi, who continually put a horrible defense team on the field that Dave assembled and failed to make a crappy bullpen Dave built not crappy.

There's were rumors that Jimmy Smokes could have be in line to take over, but I assume that the interim will finish the season.

12 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Dave fired Joe Girardi, who continually put a horrible defense team on the field that Dave assembled and failed to make a crappy bullpen Dave built not crappy.

DD probably won't be far behind. He seems to be wearing out his welcome quicker. I don't imagine too many people in Philly seriously think Joe Girardi is the reason the Phillies are 10 back.

Edited by gehringer_2

Some Tampa Bay Rays players won't wear the Pride uniforms.   Their spokesman Jason Adam said their decision was based on religion

" explicitly saying that the group didn't want to "encourage" the "lifestyle" of LGBTQ+ people due to their personal belief in Jesus.

I'm not a religious guy myself, but didn't Jesus teach to love others, even those who don't love you, even those you don't understand?    I'm pretty sure that's the general message he tried to get across (according to what I've heard).     Seems lost on Christians, doesn't it. 

Hide behind religion all you want, you're a bigot, period. 

I don't know why MLB teams need to have Pride uniforms, probably just to sell more merch,  but Jason Adam (Nebraska), Jalen Beeks (Arkansas), Jeffrey Springs (North Carolina) and Ryan Thompson (Texas) are showing their true bigoted colors and using religion to do it.   

By the way,  Jeffrey Springs and Jalen Beeks throw left-handed....................Left handed people were (very recently) cited as sinister and against God.   Many of the same statements said about homosexuals today were almost identically said about left-handed people, in some cases, in the last 100 years.     

Pray on that.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Some Tampa Bay Rays players won't wear the Pride uniforms.   Their spokesman Jason Adam said their decision was based on religion

" explicitly saying that the group didn't want to "encourage" the "lifestyle" of LGBTQ+ people due to their personal belief in Jesus.

I'm not a religious guy myself, but didn't Jesus teach to love others, even those who don't love you, even those you don't understand?    I'm pretty sure that's the general message he tried to get across (according to what I've heard).     Seems lost on Christians, doesn't it. 

Hide behind religion all you want, you're a bigot, period. 

I don't know why MLB teams need to have Pride uniforms, probably just to sell more merch,  but Jason Adam (Nebraska), Jalen Beeks (Arkansas), Jeffrey Springs (North Carolina) and Ryan Thompson (Texas) are showing their true bigoted colors and using religion to do it.   

By the way,  Jeffrey Springs and Jalen Beeks throw left-handed....................Left handed people were (very recently) cited as sinister and against God.   Many of the same statements said about homosexuals today were almost identically said about left-handed people, in some cases, in the last 100 years.     

Pray on that.  

So easy and predictable that those who have no clue go straight to labeling others bigots and racist.  If ball players were made to wear a huge cross on their uniform for one night, the uproar would be 100 times greater. 

38 minutes ago, davidsb623 said:

So easy and predictable that those who have no clue go straight to labeling others bigots and racist.  If ball players were made to wear a huge cross on their uniform for one night, the uproar would be 100 times greater. 

Homosexuality is not a religion.    It's not a choice.   Nobody chooses to go through what they go through.  Why, because it's somehow fun or something?   

Edited by Motor City Sonics

1 hour ago, davidsb623 said:

Jesus never said anything about homosexuality or LGBTQ (or whatever the acronym is now).  I don't think people were even aware of different sexual identities back then.  Jesus preached kindness and treating all people with respect.  You can argue about whether sexual identity should be taught in school and at what age, but it's not Christian to marginalize people who are different from you.  If Jason Adam thinks he is superior to other people based on his identity that makles him a bigot.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Jesus never said anything about homosexuality or LGBTQ (or whatever the acronym is now).  I don't think people were even aware of different sexual identities back then.  Jesus preached kindness and treating all people with respect.  You can argue about whether sexual identity should be taught in school and at what age, but it's not Christian to marginalize people who are different from you.  If Jason Adam thinks he is superior to other people based on his identity that makles him a bigot.  

I see nothing in this quote that even slightly suggest Adam's thinks he is superior.  Just the opposite.  Are there other quotes I missed?

“A lot of it comes down to faith, to like a faith-based decision,” Adam said. “So it’s a hard decision. Because ultimately we all said what we want is them to know that all are welcome and loved here. But when we put it on our bodies, I think a lot of guys decided that it’s just a lifestyle that maybe — not that they look down on anybody or think differently — it’s just that maybe we don’t want to encourage it if we believe in Jesus, who’s encouraged us to live a lifestyle that would abstain from that behavior, just like (Jesus) encourages me as a heterosexual male to abstain from sex outside of the confines of marriage. It’s no different.

“It’s not judgmental. It’s not looking down. It’s just what we believe the lifestyle he’s encouraged us to live, for our good, not to withhold. But again, we love these men and women, we care about them, and we want them to feel safe and welcome here.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Homosexuality is not a religion.    It's not a choice.   Nobody chooses to go through what they go through.  Why, because it's somehow fun or something?   

I cannot pretend to know what it is like or to feel this way.  I do not think a person is a bigot automatically because they do not believe in a certain life style.  You can love and accept a person and not support a life style and there is nothing wrong with that.  The world has conditioned many to believe if you do not think the way we/they do, you are wrong or the enemy.  People can have opposite opinions and still respect one another.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davidsb623 said:

I see nothing in this quote that even slightly suggest Adam's thinks he is superior.  Just the opposite.  Are there other quotes I missed?

OK, he tried to sound nice about it which is better than most are doing these days, but where did Jesus say that he discouraged homosexuality?  It sounds like Jason Adams is uncomfotable with people that have different identities than himself and is using religion to try to justify his feelings.  

I don't think they should have made them wear these uniforms. It has nothing to do with baseball and given the strong masculinity and peer pressure among most male athletes, they had to know that there would be push back.  This wasn't a good idea

this is veering toward what should go in the political forum, but Lee is right, the modern, largely American Christian fixation on sex is not even biblical, either OT or NT. It's just old pre-cultural prejudices and superstitions syncretized over centuries into the RCC and from there into American evangelicalism.  Homosexuality is not a 'lifestyle.' Most gay couples I know live just like everybody else and their relationships are just as stable and faithful to their spouses as the average hetero so even talking about LGBT as a 'lifestyle' shows education is lacking.

Edited by gehringer_2