2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

1 hour ago, buddha said:

its a ridiculous suspension.

nobody like bauer, but this is way out of line.

Bauer has ripped MLB and Manfred personally numerous times through social media. This is clearly personal on Manfred’s part regarding punishment. MLB hates the guy and is going for the jugular. 

I don't have a link cause I just saw it on Sportscenter but did anybody see the ump in the Mets game apologize to the pitcher for missing the call? It was a full count and he called seemingly reluctantly called a ball so the pitcher gave him the look and the ump proceeded to touch his chest in the "my bad" kinda way then apologized for missing it.

You could tell right after he called it a ball that he knew he messed up and shouldve called a strike but I guess he figured by that point it was too late to change it. Either way though it was nice to see an ump own up to a missed call for a change. 

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

There's a real "2003 Tigers" vibe to that club right now... and it's kinda sad to watch.

I like looking at baseball reference’s end of year projected records.  Over the course of their 1,000 computer simulations, the Reds aren’t projected to be the worst team in baseball.  Heck, the Pirates are 3 games below them in the division according to their guessing games.

18 minutes ago, casimir said:

I like looking at baseball reference’s end of year projected records.  Over the course of their 1,000 computer simulations, the Reds aren’t projected to be the worst team in baseball.  Heck, the Pirates are 3 games below them in the division according to their guessing games.

I should find that to look at...

Relative to the league, they probably are better than the 2003 team. I do know injuries have hurt them bad, Luis Castillo has been out etc.

Yeah I was so focused on our suckiness that I didn't realize just how bad the Reds were doing over in the Senior Circuit.

Edit: sorry for the double post, don't know what happened but I dropped the ball..... just like the Reds have been doing this year. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1