2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

53 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I was wondering that too. Kris Bryant has a much lower strike zone than his height would suggest, so i will be interested to see how that manage to that.

What about Rickey Henderson, the way he would crouch down.........and of course, Rickey has the most walks in MLB history, right?  (if you eliminate all the times Barry Bonds was intentionally walked (688) 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

With a robot ump, would players have to pose with their stance for measurements or will it be based on their reported height.    You can't have an equal vertical strike zone for players who are 6'5" and 5'10".   The plate width is not debatable.  

computers do go really fast. No technology limitation on the computer picking the top of the zone based on a guy's load just like the umpire is supposed to. Am curious about what MiLB system actually does though.

6 minutes ago, casimir said:

I wouldn't want him checking tickets for a postseason game, let alone umpiring one.

He had ex-Bear Steve McMichael thrown out of Wrigley over a joke.  "I'll speak with that home plate umpire after the game" just before he sang in the 7th inning stretch.     He's a loser and he is seemingly there for life.   I don't understand it.  

I don't have the energy (I'm old) to look it up, but has MLB ever fired an umpire for being terrible.   I know some have been canned for behavioral issues off the field, but how about for being bad.   

Baseballs in humidors.    Umps that can't figure out what a strike is.    

STOP FUCKING WITH THE BASEBALL ! 

Produce the same baseball that you used for years and years before you changed it a couple of years ago.

THE STRIKE ZONE IS AN ABSOLUTE DEFINTION..........OVER THE PLATE, KNEES-TO-NIPPLES

It's not supposed to be Angel's version of strike zone or C.B.'s or anybody's, it's supposed to be an absolute.  

What's next,  move the bases to 95 or 85 feel apart?   Move the walls back?  Move the walls in?    Put a target in the outfield stands for a 6 run homer?   Adopting Cricket rules?    What are we doing here?   

Why does Rob Manfred still have a job? 

LAD are thrilled. They don't have to suspend him and they get huge savings in salary and tax dollars.

Considering he won't be convicted of - or even charged with - any crime, his attorneys are going to put Manfred and MLB thru the ringer.

he is an a-hole, but Ozuna and Chapman were actually charged with crimes and got a fraction of games suspension

2 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

LAD are thrilled. They don't have to suspend him and they get huge savings in salary and tax dollars.

Considering he won't be convicted of - or even charged with - any crime, his attorneys are going to put Manfred and MLB thru the ringer.

he is an a-hole, but Ozuna and Chapman were actually charged with crimes and got a fraction of games suspension

Valid point.

19 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

its a ridiculous suspension.

nobody like bauer, but this is way out of line.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

It was commented elsewhere (I think I heard CJ NItkowski mention it) that the suspension lasts the duration of his current contract.  Assuming this is correct, is this merely coincidence?

Probably not.  Manfred doesn't like like him.  The Dodgers don't like his contract.