2022 Trade Deadline

RatkoVarda

5 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Why help the twins for Gods sake just on principal alone if you can't get anything better than a never will be player.

Well he was gone either way. This way at least you get something albeit crappy

13 minutes ago, christinagi said:

https://www.kcrg.com/video/2022/05/11/kernels-pitcher-sawyer-gipson-long-uses-his-science-research-background-help-improve-mound/

"I wouldn't necessarily say I'm like the sharpest tool in the shed."

- Sawyer Gipson-Long,

Super encouraging.

I have nothing against Sawyer Gipson-Long and wish him success in this org. At the very least, that side of the house has Fetter and Co, so maybe they can fix him or turn him into something 

The ire should be directed at the General Manager. Who had multiple opportunities during past seasons to get more for Fulmer than he did today.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

True but  hard to believe someone better somewhere could not be found ?

That's the problem

But no reasons to say I wish we would have just kept him. At least now we got a guy to crap on in thr minors thread.

14 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Wow, the Cardinals sent Harrison Bader to the Yankees. He seemed like the Cardinal prototype. They needed pitching more than I realized I guess. 

Was being squeezed out. Free agents after next year. 2 young outfield the other is O'Neil at 27. Then they might try Gorman out there and have Corey Dickerson on the roster.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

There were some other bad returns on trades besides just ours. The Cubs got a bag of balls for Dave Robertson, and they didn’t move Contreras or Happ at all. 

The Robertson trade is a pretty good parallel in terms of the prospect returned relative to performance.

You guys are cute, all thinking Chris would ever fire Al...Chris was born on home plate with no ridges in his brain; Al's gonna work him for every penny he can get...only way Al goes is if he actually resigns.  Al may very well still be GM in 2030, orchestrating his 4th rebuild from rebuilding the rebuild he previously failed rebuilding prior to the 1st rebuild.