Random Randomness.

I actually kinda envy that, getting to live and experience places all over the country.

I lived in Seattle for a couple of years as a kid when my Dad temporarily transferred there for work but otherwise have been in southeastern Michigan my whole life. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

On 12/27/2021 at 2:05 PM, RandyMarsh said:

I actually kinda envy that, getting to live and experience places all over the country.

I lived in Seattle for a couple of years as a kid when my Dad temporarily transferred there for work but otherwise have been in southeastern Michigan my whole life. 

You learn a lot, but one of the negatives I had was not being able to commit to a relationship, knowing I could move at any time. Plus the radio pay was lousy, so I didn't get to experience as much as I would have liked.    A lot of little things about certain areas that were interesting.   Like in late summer/early fall in Albuquerque they roast chili peppers on the side of the road in these big metal tumblers over an open flame and it smells incredible, much better than they tasted.  I would buy a little bag to just put in my car just for the smell, drive to a burger place and put some of the peppers on the burger.    Also with Albuquerque, one thing I never knew was how high up it is - it's a mile high downtown and I was about 800 feet higher where I lived.  If you go up to the top of Mt. Sandia they have a restaurant, it's about 8,500 ft.  Two drinks hit you pretty hard.   

Not my picture, but this is what they look like

RCZwaWQ9QXBp

Edited by Motor City Sonics

19 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Didn't Michigan AVERAGE a temperature of -40 wind chill factor for the entire month of January... in 1981 or 1982 I think?

Or am I misremembering my youth...?

What I remember about that year (I think it was 1982) but it was so cold for so long that on a very cold Sunday night a gas main in Sterling Heights exploded.  It was along Schoenner between 15 &16 Mile Rd.  I lived on the NE corner of 16 & Schoenner.   You could intensely feel the heat from the 30 foot flame half a mile away, like standing next to a campfire.   There wasn't a lot of houses around it like there is now.   Here are a couple of picks from that.  It was right around the time we hosted the Super Bowl in Pontiac.  January 10th or 11th maybe.    Heard the explosion, Heard the whoosh.  

127310.jpg

127311.jpg

20 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Psa, tis the season for detoxes and cleanses. I have a feeling the ppl around here are smart enough to avoid. But a handy link for you to pass along to any friends who try to rope others in.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/detox-what-they-dont-want-you-to-know-2/

It goes back to the fact that the whole knowledge verification system in our society has broken down. This article is straight up, but to a colonic devotee it's just another internet citation, no need to believe it any more than the latest nonsense (and expensive nonsense at that) from Ms. Paltrow.

19 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

It goes back to the fact that the whole knowledge verification system in our society has broken down. This article is straight up, but to a colonic devotee it's just another internet citation, no need to believe it any more than the latest nonsense (and expensive nonsense at that) from Ms. Paltrow.

In Gwyneth Paltrow's case, it's her followers who are the dumb ones, the suckers.   yes, you want to spend $50 for lip balm or buy This Candle Smells Like My Vagina  (no joke, she actually sold or sells that)........than all I have to say is a fool and their money are soon parted.   

With Dr. Oz it's a different story because he is actually a medical doctor, so his opinion, crazy or not, will carry some weight with people    There needs to be a 30 minute rebuttal show that airs right after Oz's show either backing up his claims or debunking him.  He's f'ing dangerous.   

12 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Who the hell ever called it DTE Energy Music Theater anyways? It's always been Pine Knob.

What was everyone's first concert at Pine Knob? Mine was Sharon, Lois, and Bram at a kid.

Those days are all blurry, but it was probably either Ozzfest or Pearl Jam.  Late 90's or maybe early 2000.

Edited by John_Brian_K

My first was Bob Seeger in the mid-90's, first and only show at Pine Knob before I moved into the Metro Detroit area.   The last show I saw there was also Seeger.   

There was a run in the late 90's of hair bands that still did well at Pine Knob and my boss had season tickets to the Piston's and was always given tickets to those shows and she would just pass them to me.  If it was during the week, meet up at Big Buck, the bar area had a free mini buffet (maybe it was certain days), so for 5 bucks you'd get two beers, some food, and leave a 20% tip.  Another beer at the venue and it made for a pretty cheap night and realized just how talented some of these bands I enjoyed, but also mocked, were.

3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Who the hell ever called it DTE Energy Music Theater anyways? It's always been Pine Knob.

What was everyone's first concert at Pine Knob? Mine was Sharon, Lois, and Bram at a kid.

Stanley Clarke, of all people. I believe it was 1978.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Has anyone else discovered this yet?

Wordle 209 X/6

🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 209 4/6

🟩🟨

🟩🟩🟨