Random Randomness.

So, do you really want to park that electric car in your attached garage?

A huge cargo ship carrying thousands of luxury vehicles from Germany to the United States, including 1,100 Porsches, caught fire this week, forcing all 22 crew members to abandon ship and leave the vessel adrift in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

A fire broke out Wednesday morning on the Felicity Ace, a ship about 650 feet long, near Portugal’s Azores Islands, according to the Portuguese navy. The ship had departed from Emden, Germany, on Feb. 10 and was scheduled to complete its 13-day trip and arrive in Davisville, R.I., next week, according to VesselFinder, a ship tracking website. The Volkswagen Group estimated that nearly 4,000 cars were aboard the Felicity Ace, according to the Drive, an automotive website.

The fire was still burning on the ship as of Friday, according to the Portuguese navy, and photos showed white smoke billowing out of the vessel. Joao Mendes Cabecas, a captain of the nearby port of Hortas, told Reuters that lithium-ion batteries in the electric cars on the Felicity Ace caught fire, but it was unclear whether that is what started the blaze.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/02/18/cargo-ship-fire-porsche-bentley-ocean/

49 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Gonna be a bad day for me then.  My word was found. I had the nd after the 1st, then proceeded to guess sound, round, mound, pound and wound for the loss.

My word was not "found". I thought everyone got the same word every day? Have they changed that recently?

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

My word was not "found". I thought everyone got the same word every day? Have they changed that recently?

I don't use the official app I think. I just started playing last week and the app I use you can play as many games a day as you want. I was on a 51 game win streak before that. 

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

The original Wordle is not an app - It's a website, which was bought by the NY Times & moved to their website.  There are also a bunch of apps that play the same game.

3 minutes ago, djhutch said:

The original Wordle is not an app - It's a website, which was bought by the NY Times & moved to their website.  There are also a bunch of apps that play the same game.

Interesting thing about that: I have the tab open in my browser on the iPad and and wife and I switch to it each morning and play the word. I day when I opened it I noticed it was at an nytimes.com domain, and not at whatever domain it was at before, and I didn't have to change a thing. Perfect transition on their side.

• Like 1

When this hit the webs a few weeks ago I download the wordle app and it looked stupid.  I didnt understand the fuss. Then my wife was telling me about it and it sounded nothing like what I downloaded. So yes… the wordle app is not what everyone is playing.  It’s just a site. At least that’s how it was a few weeks ago. 

21 hours ago, oblong said:

When this hit the webs a few weeks ago I download the wordle app and it looked stupid.  I didnt understand the fuss. Then my wife was telling me about it and it sounded nothing like what I downloaded. So yes… the wordle app is not what everyone is playing.  It’s just a site. At least that’s how it was a few weeks ago. 

It's still just a site. There are lots of off-shoots of it though. My wife and I have started playing Quordle, which has you trying to solve four puzzles simultaneously. You also get nine guesses instead of the original six. It's pretty hard. If I get it at all, it takes me at least 8 guesses.

There is a Wordle archive website someone put together (hasn't been sued yet) because Wordle is addictive as hell.   

https://www.devangthakkar.com/wordle_archive/?161

I have a GREAT opening word that sets me up well.   I challenge all of you..............ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!

One day, I started with my opening word and the only letter that right was R, so on my second guess I just typed in ROBIN and nailed.  That was pure, dumb luck.  I'll never top that unless my starting word is the word of the day.  

Wordle 248 3/6

🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

To me this archive site is as addictive as First-Pick, where you make draft picks for an NFL team and you can make trades and you get graded.     I put in the Lions real draft a couple of times during Quinn's era and got C- and D.    Tavai wasn't even an option (and they took him in the second round). 

A couple of years ago I was walking out of Costco after only buying a big block of toilet paper and as I walked out I did the Brennan Huff fist pump from Step Brothers and a guy walking in knew what it was and starting laughing hysterically, I totally made that guy's day.  

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-21-2015/8ANePZ.mp4

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Huel Perkins is retiring at Fox 2 along with Monica Gayle. I'll always remember and laugh at the time Huel Perkins read the Kwame Kilpatrick/Christine Beatty text message on the air. Huel's HELL YEAH! is an all time classic news read.

100%...another good drop that came from that time frame "The booty lounge"