2023 Detroit Tigers Regular Season Discussion Thread

oblong

20 hours ago, kdog said:

Harris believed that the reputable hitters in last year's lineup would correct to career norms. It doesn't look like that's going to happen. 

There is one prominent reputable hitter in last year’s lineup that did correct to career norms. Unfortunately, not for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

It's amazing how people keep talking years of control remaining for relievers.  Odds are they'll all be hurt before they'll qualify for free agency.  I am always in favor of relievers being shopped by non-contending teams.  

Same here and I think that that is the reason why you don't get any impact players for them.

5 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

Makes me wonder if the Tigers weren’t too happy on how this was handled

Not happy with Turnbull maybe not telling them he has a physical issue? Or not happy they lost track of him while he was changing agents? Or maybe unhappiness internally because someone tried to play service time games with Spencer and he caught them out at it in public.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Not happy with Turnbull maybe not telling them he has a physical issue? Or not happy they lost track of him while he was changing agents? Or maybe unhappiness internally because someone tried to play service time games with Spencer and he caught them out at it in public.

You put it that way I would be surprised to see him pitching again for the Tigers

As a reminder, Turnbull isn’t eligible for free agency until after 2024.  Tigers wont release him and he needs to pitch to establish value.  He’ll be back.

If he’s truly injured, I’m actually relieved.  I thought he was playing games to avoid being demoted and it might explain his pitching performance this season.

Another choice of "do I spend the $20 between parking and a beer and drive down to sit in cooler damp weather to watch a dumpster fire?".  This is where I actually like the 6:40 start time and faster pace because even if I do go there's a good chance I'm home by 9:30.

I thought I was past that point with this team.

25 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Turnbull has nowhere to go and the Tigers need pitching. I can't see whatever tiff they may have had trumping those realities. He'll be back as soon as he's fit. Edman points out the bigger risk, which is that you never want to hear a pitcher has a problem in his neck....

But didn’t it most likely come from that come backer in the home opener…. Kind of a whiplash situation 

Having been out of commission most of this year, I watched a game a while back and the stands were pretty full and C-Mo was talking about how great the clubhouse was and how the team really believed in itself and having heard this so many times before I thought we were right on the edge of it being like kittens shot by snipers and that’s what it’s become. I still love this team as much as I did when I was nine years old and my heart still beats for them in the same way, but this is really hard to endure.