2023 Detroit Tigers Regular Season Discussion Thread

oblong

36 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

The Tigers have been playing well, but they don't have the kind of roster that can overcome injuries.  Hopefully, the Rodriguez injury doesn't keep him out long.

I hope you are right. Rupture never sounds encouraging.... 

That Time Joel Zumaya Missed the ALCS With a Guitar Hero Injury... And  Other Freak Accidents - YouTube

Edited by Tigeraholic1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Archie said:

Erod could be out for a while with that injury

Yeah - no way this isn't a big deal for a  pitcher. We'll see him again in August - maybe.

And it's another odd connective tissue injury, which seem to be an epidemic in sports recently - esp basketball. I know we are supposed to believe all is well because so much testing is going on, but the other possible contributor to otherwise weird connective tissue injuries are PEDs. 

Edited by gehringer_2

56 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Wow, raise your hand if you saw this one coming!

This is obviously to cover Vierling to fill the RHH outfielder role. Is Vierling going to be out much longer than originally thought? Low back injuries are notoriously wonky.

This is obviously low-risk low-reward, as Marisnick is not know as a controller of strike zones. Doubtful this will be anything like a McKinstry find, but hey, might as well see what's left in the tank here.

I wonder who we are going to trade for to cover Rodriguez when it comes out he'll be on the List longer than originally thought?

3 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

No idea who is is, but we called up a guy with and ERA over 10 to take E-Rod’s place. Holy lack of depth, Batman. 

D6AE1783-83AB-4112-805C-C4A8A530AC44.jpeg

He's the only reliever in Toledo on the 40 man that didn't get lit up yesterday... In other words, his role is to be a fresh arm.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Wow, raise your hand if you saw this one coming!

This move in particular? No.

But upper level OF depth has been hampered some by injuries and JDavis's opt out. It doesn't surprise me a move was made to add another body to the mix.

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

Marisnick used to be a good field no hit outfielder.  I don't think he does much of either anymore.  

He was getting on base for Charlotte at least.  

Just let Baddoo play everyday and/or let Rogers back on the field and you don't need to play anyone else in Vierling's place.

Edited by gehringer_2

7 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

And what is wrong with being a platoon player?

nothing - if you can persuade ownership to expand rosters enough to platoon more than a couple of positions. 

wait - take back the 'nothing', because you also leave yourself in a position be neutered by the 2nd pitching change.

Edited by gehringer_2