TV Series

I'm not really a huge basketball fan, and certainly not a Lakers fan, but I'm enjoying the Winning Time show on HBO a lot.  I feel like there is a lot of good acting in it, and they make it interesting.  I'm sure it is super sensationalized but I don't mind that.  There are a ton of rumors that it is going to get cancelled, but I hope it gets at least a third season.  I don't really know the history of that era much so I'm just along for the ride and enjoying it.

3 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

I'm not really a huge basketball fan, and certainly not a Lakers fan, but I'm enjoying the Winning Time show on HBO a lot.  I feel like there is a lot of good acting in it, and they make it interesting.  I'm sure it is super sensationalized but I don't mind that.  There are a ton of rumors that it is going to get cancelled, but I hope it gets at least a third season.  I don't really know the history of that era much so I'm just along for the ride and enjoying it.

It’s really enjoyable. The music. The breaking of the third wall. The graininess.  I can’t get enough of it. 

I read the book it was based on. Some great stuff in there.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched the first episode of the new Frasier.  Well, it was good enough that I will watch episode 2.  Who knows after that.  I was kind of bugged that he is back in Boston and not going to Cheers.  The creators said that was a bad time in Frasier's life and he is not anxious to go back there but might in future seasons.  They also said Lilith is the only former Cheers cast member that will appear this season (ex wife, mother of his kid).  But they are open to others appearing later.  My guess is right about the time the ratings dip.

You can watch the first episode free on Youtube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 9:32 PM, Edman85 said:

I'd rather they not. The Curb reunion season was enough.

As to the other post, I've heard the Frasier reboot is god awful.

The Frazier reboot can’t be as bad as the Night Court reboot, can it? Not that the original Night Court was necessarily comedy gold …

But yeah, if Seinfeld and David want to wrap it up, they better do it quick, as long as there are still enough people on this planet who still care about it.

Apparently had played pickleball for a couple of hours this morning before that. 

It’s big news not only for our generation but also for younger people. Friends is very big among teens in reruns. Seinfeld, on the other hand, they’ve never heard of or don’t find funny. 

Edited by lordstanley