General Tiger Discussion

oblong

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

wow. Don't think it's common for a brain tumor to go un-diagnosed to so long and then kill you so quickly. Then again, having known at least one BT victim, the long drawn out case may be worse.

It happened to my friend two years ago, but his story had a fortunate ending.  He was a runner and kept on running regularly right up to the diagnosis.  He was having headaches though, so he went to the doctor.  The tumor was so big and so dangerously located that they air lifted him to the hospital within an hour to have immediate surgery.  He survived and made a complete recovery mentally and physically.  He was back to running within a couple of months and is now back running better than he was before surgery.  

• Like 6

My father in law went really quickly this summer from a brain tumor.  He was having issues with headaches and slurring his speech.  They did a scan and detected a small growth. They set him up for further tests within the week.   Within days he had difficulty walking to the point he was rushed to the ER.  within 48 hours he was so far gone that he was transferred to a hospice unit where he died 2-3 days later.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Two Christmas’s ago we got Ernie (Fawn Pug) for the kids, they named him. My wife said some day she wanted a black girl Pug and she would name her Lulu. She got her wish today! Merry Christmas everyone! 🐯

9C59D971-A33B-4DD4-9583-31EBFE6A9726.jpeg

0135E749-EDF5-44E9-A99B-525576D88F1A.jpeg

Cute pugs, I'm partial to the black ones as well

Meet Rumer, the puggle

DD4E6AFD-68EF-4C3C-A92C-0C2C34E8219B.jpeg

2429F379-F16A-4247-8232-EF7888546E7D.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Two Christmas’s ago we got Ernie (Fawn Pug) for the kids, they named him. My wife said some day she wanted a black girl Pug and she would name her Lulu. She got her wish today! Merry Christmas everyone! 🐯

9C59D971-A33B-4DD4-9583-31EBFE6A9726.jpeg

0135E749-EDF5-44E9-A99B-525576D88F1A.jpeg

CB33984A-B629-432C-8EB2-8ACDF8BEEE15.jpeg

I’ve got to show these pics to my wife. Awesome 👍

On 12/22/2021 at 6:45 PM, gehringer_2 said:

wow. Don't think it's common for a brain tumor to go un-diagnosed to so long and then kill you so quickly. Then again, having known at least one BT victim, the long drawn out case may be worse.

A friend of mine was much less lucky. He was at a health club on a cycle and turned to speak to the person next to him and all that came out was gibberish. He went to the hospital which was nearby and they told him he had stage four brain cancer. They said if it went untreated he would be dead in 30 days and if they did chemo he would live six months and he lived almost exactly 6 months.