Tigers Hire Scott Harris as President of Baseball Operations

oblong

• oblong changed the title to Tigers Hire Scott Harris as President of Baseball Operations
18 hours ago, chasfh said:

On a personal note, I sort of know Scott Harris's dad. We were on the same team at Cubs camp in 2020 (just before COVID hit), which Scott had gifted him the prior Christmas. We had a couple of conversations at length and one morning at breakfast he showed me Scott's 2016 Cubs ring, which he'd brought to camp with him. Talk about super impressive. I just dropped him a mazel tov in the email. He's probably got hundreds of people doing the same with him, so who knows if I hear back. But whether he does or doesn't, he's a really good guy, and I'm really happy for him.

Got my reply from Scott's dad. We got a date once the ring is here.

2022-09-20_9-56-44.thumb.jpg.4a924fa83ef21e9355a1a66e7118a2b7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Regarding Yzerman being named in the presser, going by Beck it sounds like him and Harris were acquaintances after meeting at Wrigley a few years back so perhaps Steve's role was to put in a good word about Chris/Ilitches and the city of Detroit and their fanbase in general.

Edited by RandyMarsh