2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

Neifi, Neifi, Neifi Baez most amazin' man, there's ever been.
He's the general, the president, the king of the scene,
Neifi, Neifi, Neifi Baez

A modern leader gotta twist and shout,
Got tell the people let it all hang out.
If you don't want to vanish with a boot up the bum,
You gotta give the population something to hum.

Neifi, Neifi, Neifi Baez most amazin' man, there's ever been.

53 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Any Tiger rumors coming out of San Diego? Aren’t our illustrious beat writers digging up the news ? Crickets 🦗

They are going to claim a player we've never heard of off waivers,  put him back on waivers next week and then eventually assign him to the minors.  And then Edman can explain to us what really happened after the beat writers get it all wrong!

Edited by Tiger337
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

They are going to claim a player we've never heard of off waivers,  put him back on waivers next week and then eventually assign him to the minors.  And then Edman can explain to us what really happened after the beat writers get it all wrong!

Only McCosky will get it wrong.

11 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Kershaw gets 1 year and $20 million?

I think you have to be fair on this one and apply your theory of Carlos Correa availability's for a true contract value to Kershaw.  Look at his starts and innings per season.  He's still damn good quality, but the quantity isn't there.

But even trying to factor that in, $20M does seem like cheap.

Edited by casimir

Feels like the Tigers aren't even a part of the league anymore.     We're a AAAA team now.    I hope Harris changes that.  I can't imagine he gets lured away from his hometown to not be able to have some financial freedom.     Kind of hamstrung for a couple of years with A - having no real prospects to trade and B - no idea how your pitching health will look in 2024. 

Just Draft, Baby

Tigers 2026 playoff bound !

On 12/5/2022 at 10:00 AM, Tiger337 said:

Your frustration is understandable, but the previous administration failed the last six years.  It will take a while to fix it. Hopefully not 7 or 8 years.  

Many times, a new GM or President of a team, will bring in his own people and get rid of the previous GM players to start a rebuild. Not giving Candelario 7 million dollars, with no other 3rd baseman on the roster is a very bad sign, IMO. Is he planning on rebuilding the entire roster? And try to go cheap? Forget 7 or 8 years, it may be never. I was encouraged going into last season and then very disappointed. Going into this season, I'm not very hopeful. Hopefully he doesn't trade away our young pitchers for a 3rd baseman who gives us even less offense and worse defense.

35 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Many times, a new GM or President of a team, will bring in his own people and get rid of the previous GM players to start a rebuild. Not giving Candelario 7 million dollars, with no other 3rd baseman on the roster is a very bad sign, IMO. 

omg-not-this.jpg

• Haha 7