General Tiger Discussion

oblong

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

If I were looking to replace "bullpen", for whatever reason...

My preference would be more like "Reliever Reserve" or, "The Reserve" for short.

I would avoid "The Reservation" for some, uhhh, negative connotations.

But "The Reserve" I think is workable.

Arm Auschwitz?

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I seem to remember Ernie giving shout outs to people coming to the game with friends from Kalamazoo or Benton Harbor or something like that.

Yes and I think when a foul ball was caught in the stands Ernie would sometimes mention a community, "caught by a youngster from Ann Arbor" even though he had no idea where the kid was from, which was a cool thing to do.

21 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Yes and I think when a foul ball was caught in the stands Ernie would sometimes mention a community, "caught by a youngster from Ann Arbor" even though he had no idea where the kid was from, which was a cool thing to do.

That was when people could afford to come to a game and sit in a decent seat.  I remember when they moved to Comerica they interviewed some local folks that had season box seats for years.  They stopped going to games because they couldn't afford them anymore.